Build Request for Fire / Energy / Fire Mastery Dominator

Radeon

Greetings everyone, 

it's me again with a build request or more asking for advice. 

My Domi hit 50 today and now i would to spend her the first outfit of sets. There are some cornerstones i would like to mention. 

- Playstyle for this one is more mid distance and occasionally hitting some heads. 

- I have sorcery pool and Fire Mastery

I have tried to find other builds here, but except the two Threads with no response i found nothing. 

Is there anyone interested in sharing his wisdom/build with me? 🙂

Thanks a lot in advance & have a nice evening,

Amala 🙂

image.thumb.png.aa9384357be412a7420057bcd15b6557.png

So the other 2 threads i found didnt have a response and mine neither so far. am i right assuming that no one is playing that combination or able to create a proper build? Or what else might it be?

What you're running into is probably that nobody frequenting the forum already has a build ready to go. In such cases it tends to help to provide a build to which others can respond. If you're really drawing a blank on putting together an initial build, then you can use builds given for fire / energy / ice and for fire / fire / fire or plant / fire / fire to help put together some puzzle pieces. 

You can search for such builds using the search function. You can also peruse the "Pylon times and trapdoor runs for dominators - Let's generate some data" for builds on which to draw. 

Incidentally, if you have a resistance shield from your mastery and energy as your assault set then you can generally make a character that's both defensively stronger and also less likely to have endurance problems by switching out the sorcery pool and opting for force of will in its place. Energy assault has a kind of "power boost" variant (power up) that boosts both damage and a bunch of secondary effects (including defense and mez duration). If you cast power up before casting unleash potential (from force of will) you'll get some very hefty defense numbers for a minute, as well as noticeably boosted endurance recovery. If you pair this combo up with a T4 barrier incarnate you end up with some really good layered defenses most of the time, as well less problems managing endurance. 

Good luck with your build, however you move forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

Incidentally, if you have a resistance shield from your mastery and energy as your assault set then you can generally make a character that's both defensively stronger and also less likely to have endurance problems by switching out the sorcery pool and opting for force of will in its place. Energy assault has a kind of "power boost" variant (power up) that boosts both damage and a bunch of secondary effects (including defense and mez duration). If you cast power up before casting unleash potential (from force of will) you'll get some very hefty defense numbers for a minute, as well as noticeably boosted endurance recovery. If you pair this combo up with a T4 barrier incarnate you end up with some really good layered defenses most of the time, as well less problems managing endurance. 

Good luck with your build, however you move forward.

That's already something i was looking for. That hint i would have never found when playing with mids. I will try to create an idea and share it, tomorrow probably.

• 4 weeks later

Here i am again, it took some more time, real life and stuff 🙂

Here is my first shot for this build, but i am really not convinced i took the best options.  Any suggestions to improve it ? 

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Amala Khan: Level 49 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Force of Will
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Char -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(19), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(31), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(34), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(37), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(40)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Dvs-Hold%(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- HO:Membr(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 6: Weaken Resolve -- AnlWkn-%ToHit(A), AnlWkn-DefDeb(9), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(15), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(19)
Level 8: Project Will -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 10: Smoke -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(17), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(31)
Level 12: Fly -- Frb-Stlth(A), Frb-Fly(15)
Level 14: Power Push -- Dvs-Hold%(A), Dvs-Acc/Dmg(46), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 16: Power Up -- HO:Membr(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Power Blast -- EntChs-Heal%(A), EntChs-Acc/Dmg(46), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 20: Flashfire -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(21), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(23), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(25)
Level 22: Cinders -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Hold(25), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(27), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(27), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(29), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(29)
Level 24: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 26: Bonfire -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Total Focus -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(34)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(36), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(36), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(36), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(37), ExcCnt-Stun%(37)
Level 38: Fire Ball -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), Bmbdmt-Dam(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(39), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(40)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResKB(42), GldArm-ResDam(42), GldArm-End/Res(42)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AnlWkn-DefDeb(A), AnlWkn-%ToHit(45), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(45), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), UnbGrd-Max HP%(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(49), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(49)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), NmnCnv-Heal(13)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9), PwrTrns-+Heal(11)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 12: Afterburner 
------------

• Hasten/Power Up - 2 slot with recharge redux, take the HO out. Make sure to +5 them.
  • Bonfire you want a kb to kd converter in there so that the mobs are flopping in an area that you control.
  • Most people will use smoke and FlashFire/bonfire to get in on a group and then work them over. Don't use fire cages until they get clustered.
  • Personally for me some of the best application of energy assault is some of the melee skills, but that's all preference.
  • Some of your slotting looks like you just added another IO of the same set, and it's hard to tell exactly where you're aiming for. Depending on your goals you could likely better allocate some of your slots and IO choices, but it's hard to know exactly your intent.
  • Your attacks look fairly underslotted compared to your controls. The idea behind a domi is a quick high mag disabling shot followed by an onslaught of ass kicking, rinse and repeat.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later

Thank you for your inputs, i have thought about it and focused some things more in my newest build. 

Target was to have almost perma dom, to be able to stun mobs, jump in and unleash inferno onto them and to not worry about things like endurance. 

What do you (or anyone else think?)

Amala Neu: Level 49 Magic Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Energy Assault
Power Pool: Concealment

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Char -- UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(3)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 6: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9)
Level 8: Bone Smasher -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dam%(15)
Level 10: Fly -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15)
Level 14: Smoke -- DmpSpr-ToHitDeb(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(17)
Level 16: Flashfire -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(17), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(19), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(21)
Level 18: Power Push -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(23), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Apc-Dam%(25), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27)
Level 20: Power Blast -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Dvs-Hold%(29), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(31)
Level 22: Power Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(34)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33)
Level 30: Bonfire -- RechRdx-I(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(34), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(37)
Level 35: Sniper Blast -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(39), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(39)
Level 38: Power Burst -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(40), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(40), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(40), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(42), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(42)
Level 41: Cinders -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Hold(42), Lck-Acc/Rchg(43), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43), Lck-Rchg/Hold(43)
Level 44: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 47: Fire Shield -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam(47), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(47), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 49: Melt Armor -- AnlWkn-%ToHit(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(49), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(49)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(48)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 10: Afterburner 
------------

This is an all fire build that may help you.  I tend to focus on permadom without hasten as it is my most favorite way to play the game.

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Assault
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(3), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Flares -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(5), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Hold%(9)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(11), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(11)
Level 6: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 10: Fire Breath -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(15), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(15), PstBls-Dam%(17)
Level 12: Flashfire -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(17), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(19), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(21)
Level 14: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(23), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 16: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27)
Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(29), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(29), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31)
Level 20: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(31), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(31), Stp-Stun/Rng(33), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(33), Stp-KB%(33)
Level 24: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc-KB/Rech(A), SuddAcc-KB/Dmg/Rech(34), SuddAcc-KB/Dmg/End(34), SuddAcc-KB/Acc/Dmg(34), SuddAcc-KB/Acc(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(39)
Level 28: Consume -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(39), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(39), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(40), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(40), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(40)
Level 30: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42)
Level 35: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(36), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(37), Rgn-Knock%(37)
Level 38: Blaze -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(46), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(46), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), StnoftheM-Dam%(48)
Level 44: Rain of Fire -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Fire Shield -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(48), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg(50), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50), ImpSki-Status(50)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 6: Afterburner 
------------