Regarding Munitions Mastery (Blaster) Animations

Hello! I was told I should post suggestions here?

So, as we generally know, Munitions Mastery's animations are kinda buggered, especially if your character is already using other weapons (such as Dual Pistols). This is a difficult problem to fix, as it's an issue stemming from how the game handles animating objects entirely.

So, how about a simple fix that would make everyone happy? Add pre-existing animations as alternate animations. For instance, [Sleep Grenade] could have an alternate animation where the grenade is fired from the arm, and/or an animation where the grenade is fired from a generic grenade launcher.

I don't entirely know what adding an alternate animation entails, but perhaps it's easier if no new animation is actually necessary? And it'd make a huge difference in making Munitions Mastery useable.

I for one am eagerly awaiting some kind of fix for Munition Mastery's animations!

28 minutes ago, Baron_von_Boo said:

Hello! I was told I should post suggestions here?

In the suggestions forum? Are you *mad,* man?  😉

And yeah, no idea about difficulty. *shrug* Dealing with a bug or not, though, people do like having alternate choices...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

In the suggestions forum? Are you *mad,* man?  😉

And yeah, no idea about difficulty. *shrug* Dealing with a bug or not, though, people do like having alternate choices...

A little embarrassing since, as I've just realized, I actually have suggested things here before, years ago! lol

Yeah, I imagine a complicating factor is the projectile, but I feel like adding a 'shoot from the arm' animation option could help a lot of sets.

So could just using a toss grenade animation. Even those with inherent attacks can (and in comics sometimes do) carry and use supplemental weapons/gear. And cyborgs and bots or other individuals with built in weapons have been known to do so too.

Anyway, I'm open to new animations. New animations/options are always good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rudra said:

So could just using a toss grenade animation. Even those with inherent attacks can (and in comics sometimes do) carry and use supplemental weapons/gear. And cyborgs and bots or other individuals with built in weapons have been known to do so too.

Anyway, I'm open to new animations. New animations/options are always good.

The biggest offender of Munitions Mastery is the [LRM Rocket] power. Short of somehow being able to pull out a generic bazooka, that one would benefit the most from a 'shoot from arm' option.