SOLD - In-Character Roleplay - Base for Sale - Weekend Knight - (Listing ID: FAV-INDOM-7854)

PotatoLove

((OOC: This is an advert for the sale of a base. It is intended to facilitate the roleplay of a house purchase as one might in real life. The listing will be as authentic as possible, you may request a private viewing in character and you may place an offer if you wish. If you put an offer in on the base (with in-game currency), your offer is binding and you will purchase the base if your offer is accepted. Please read the details carefully.))

Welcome to Weekend Knight Cave Base of Operations!

Immense cave playing host to multi-platforms, fully functional base of operations. Perfect location for any hero or villain looking for a space of his/ her own for mission preparations, reconnaissance, mission execution, mission debriefing. etc. Secluded area, entrances well hidden.

((Base is large enough to support roleplay of a large sg/vg - fully functional with med porters, zone porters, crafting, salvage storage, personal storage, icon npc, leveler npc, and more!)

$500,000,000 influence

Weekend Knight Cave Base of Operations

((BASE IS LOCATED ON INDOMITABLE SERVER))

Listing ID: FAV-INDOM-7854

PROPERTY SUMMARY

Property Type: Underground

Building Type:  Cave

Parking: Attached/Inside

Community Name: Undetermined

Annual Property Taxes: None - Self Sustaining/Off-Grid)

STRUCTURE

Cave

Multi-level platforms intended for specific usage

Extreme heights

Reinforced support girders

EXTERIOR FINISH

Rock

PLATFORMS:

Entry with elevator to office area

Office area

Supply/Loading area with cargo elevator to surface

Reconnaissance with crafting components and changing area ((with Icon npc))

Training weapon selection

Weapons/fight training with targeting dummies and targets

Med bay with CAT scan machine and strength training equipment

Automobile bay with technology support and repair components; ramp to exterior ((Hero Zone Porters))

Airlock to exterior with jet ((Hero Zone Porters)); elevator to secure corridor to submarine

Mystical Storage area (salvage racks; vault); ((PD & Praetorian Zone Porters))

Weapons/technology/special artifacts display area

Submarine dock with generator; secure corridor to jet platform (Villain Zone Porters)

Catwalks connecting all area

Realtor:

Sidney-Lynne Faverty

Faverty Industries & Development

To request a viewing:

((Base Builder: Easter Bunny))

((OOC: Join Faverty Events Discord and know when new builds are in the construction phase! Enjoy mid-construction pictures as well as extra listing pictures. https://discord.gg/Wq4P7WNjm2 ))

((OOC:

• Serious roleplaying requests only.
  • No god-modding, robberies, sexual content or otherwise.
  • Roleplay is intended to mimic ‘real-life’ as much as possible. However, I am not a realtor and do not know the exact ins and outs of the real estate market.
  • Offers: offers are limited to what can be provided in-game. The listing states the cost, but you can offer below, at and above the listing price. You can offer other services and/or items that are found in-game only.
  • Just because you put in the first offer, doesn’t mean your offer will be accepted. You may adjust your offer up until the point the property moves in escrow. The listing will be marked sold when it has been purchased. All offers will get a response within a reasonable amount of time. You will be notified both if your offer is accepted or not accepted.
  • As with real life realtors, I ask that the honor system be used. I will not manipulate roleplay (ex: say there is an offer to get more influence, when there is no offer) and I will expect the same from you. If you say you want to meet at a certain time for a viewing, please show up or leave an IC message explaining your delay or absence. Please be respectful and courteous.
  • Once your offer has been accepted, you will be invited to the supergroup to which the base is attached. You will have 2 (real time) days to transfer the funds via the in-game mail system or in character. Once the transfer has been received, I will remove all my characters from the base and provide instructions to change the base code. If you do not communicate with me if there is a delay, you will be removed from the supergroup and acceptance of your offer will be rescinded. I will then, consider other offers.
  • I am not taking commissions or base building jobs.

))

screenshot_220702-20-19-19.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-14-53.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-13-59.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-11-20.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-22-27.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-18-29.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-13-46.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-07-57.jpg

Edited by PotatoLove
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• PotatoLove changed the title to SOLD - In-Character Roleplay - Base for Sale - Weekend Knight - (Listing ID: FAV-INDOM-7854)
  • 10 months later
On 7/2/2022 at 9:31 PM, PotatoLove said:

((OOC: This is an advert for the sale of a base. It is intended to facilitate the roleplay of a house purchase as one might in real life. The listing will be as authentic as possible, you may request a private viewing in character and you may place an offer if you wish. If you put an offer in on the base (with in-game currency), your offer is binding and you will purchase the base if your offer is accepted. Please read the details carefully.))

Welcome to Weekend Knight Cave Base of Operations!

Immense cave playing host to multi-platforms, fully functional base of operations. Perfect location for any hero or villain looking for a space of his/ her own for mission preparations, reconnaissance, mission execution, mission debriefing. etc. Secluded area, entrances well hidden.

((Base is large enough to support roleplay of a large sg/vg - fully functional with med porters, zone porters, crafting, salvage storage, personal storage, icon npc, leveler npc, and more!)

$500,000,000 influence

Weekend Knight Cave Base of Operations

((BASE IS LOCATED ON INDOMITABLE SERVER))

Listing ID: FAV-INDOM-7854

PROPERTY SUMMARY

Property Type: Underground

Building Type:  Cave

Parking: Attached/Inside

Community Name: Undetermined

Annual Property Taxes: None - Self Sustaining/Off-Grid)

STRUCTURE

Cave

Multi-level platforms intended for specific usage

Extreme heights

Reinforced support girders

EXTERIOR FINISH

Rock

PLATFORMS:

Entry with elevator to office area

Office area

Supply/Loading area with cargo elevator to surface

Reconnaissance with crafting components and changing area ((with Icon npc))

Training weapon selection

Weapons/fight training with targeting dummies and targets

Med bay with CAT scan machine and strength training equipment

Automobile bay with technology support and repair components; ramp to exterior ((Hero Zone Porters))

Airlock to exterior with jet ((Hero Zone Porters)); elevator to secure corridor to submarine

Mystical Storage area (salvage racks; vault); ((PD & Praetorian Zone Porters))

Weapons/technology/special artifacts display area

Submarine dock with generator; secure corridor to jet platform (Villain Zone Porters)

Catwalks connecting all area

Realtor:

Sidney-Lynne Faverty

Faverty Industries & Development

To request a viewing:

((Base Builder: Easter Bunny))

((OOC: Join Faverty Events Discord and know when new builds are in the construction phase! Enjoy mid-construction pictures as well as extra listing pictures. https://discord.gg/Wq4P7WNjm2 ))

((OOC:

• Serious roleplaying requests only.
  • No god-modding, robberies, sexual content or otherwise.
  • Roleplay is intended to mimic ‘real-life’ as much as possible. However, I am not a realtor and do not know the exact ins and outs of the real estate market.
  • Offers: offers are limited to what can be provided in-game. The listing states the cost, but you can offer below, at and above the listing price. You can offer other services and/or items that are found in-game only.
  • Just because you put in the first offer, doesn’t mean your offer will be accepted. You may adjust your offer up until the point the property moves in escrow. The listing will be marked sold when it has been purchased. All offers will get a response within a reasonable amount of time. You will be notified both if your offer is accepted or not accepted.
  • As with real life realtors, I ask that the honor system be used. I will not manipulate roleplay (ex: say there is an offer to get more influence, when there is no offer) and I will expect the same from you. If you say you want to meet at a certain time for a viewing, please show up or leave an IC message explaining your delay or absence. Please be respectful and courteous.
  • Once your offer has been accepted, you will be invited to the supergroup to which the base is attached. You will have 2 (real time) days to transfer the funds via the in-game mail system or in character. Once the transfer has been received, I will remove all my characters from the base and provide instructions to change the base code. If you do not communicate with me if there is a delay, you will be removed from the supergroup and acceptance of your offer will be rescinded. I will then, consider other offers.
  • I am not taking commissions or base building jobs.

))

screenshot_220702-20-19-19.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-14-53.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-13-59.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-11-20.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-22-27.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-18-29.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-13-46.jpg

screenshot_220702-20-07-57.jpg

Wow i had no idea sg bases could look like this if i knew this was available i would have put in a bid too!

• 2 weeks later
On 6/4/2023 at 6:11 PM, Chance Jackson said:

Wow i had no idea sg bases could look like this if i knew this was available i would have put in a bid too!

Right?!?!? I'm sure the new base owner is having an RP blast!

Feel to join my discord server. I RP the sale of bases that others wants to sell as well as what I build. On the server, you'll have advance notice of any bases coming up for sale and sometimes even other perks like getting to view auction bases first.

https://discord.gg/TpRM66QS

Edited by PotatoLove

On 7/2/2022 at 9:31 PM, PotatoLove said:

$500,000,000 influence

Ebil marketing on a whole new level!

Gratz!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Ebil marketing on a whole new level!

Gratz!

500mil for that base was a super deal. If it had been on Everlasting, it would have sold for MUCH more.

Plus, when some one buys a base, they are compensating someone for their time, skill and creativity. It's pretty insulting to reduce their effort to "ebil marketing".

Also, I sold this base on behalf of the base builder. I received no funds of the sale. All proceeds went to the original builder. 

1 hour ago, PotatoLove said:

500mil for that base was a super deal. If it had been on Everlasting, it would have sold for MUCH more.

I can't argue with that, but it is selling a base and 500mil profit generated from game-time only. No influence. No drops. No salvage. No recipes. No card packs.

It's pretty insulting to reduce their effort to "ebil marketing".

I think that is dependant upon who is using the term and the intent.

Personally, I think that the exchange of influence between players (mainly done through the Auction House) is the best PVP in the game.

It isn't like playing the market doesn't take "time, skill and creativity".

Also, I sold this base on behalf of the base builder. I received no funds of the sale. All proceeds went to the original builder.

It just makes the base builder the profiteer, and you a middleman for nothing.

Why would they not sell it themselves?

Why would you use your "time, skill and creativity" for the post to make nothing and provide them with the method to earn 500M?

Perhaps it would look bad for a Community Rep to be the one starting the selling of bases in game? (I don't know, but assuming a negative if they are not doing it themselves).

People can have multiple accounts. It seems like some of the big base builders have several.

I do believe that this will the start of a trend.

I do believe it falls under what I believe to be Ebil Marketing.

If players are willing to pay in-game influence for bases, I say go for it. I hope that there is a huge boom in base sales.

500mil for that base was a super deal.

I hope that whoever bought the bases sells it for 2 or 3 times as much.

If it had been on Everlasting, it would have sold for MUCH more.

Agreed.

I know that some base builders take influence to build bases for other people's supergroups.

This is the first time I have seen one for sale. I'm assuming this time it may be due to the player (Easter Bunny in this case) moving all of their characters from Indomitable due to the decreased server population. Its has never had a decent server population since I've been on Homecoming. (I only made 4 characters and one supergroup over there. Moved one character off of the server already. See nothing in /LFG most of the time. If there is something, it is only end-game stuff. It used to be the PVP server, but that's changed - don't remember if it is Everlasting or Excelsior at this point, but I don't actively PVP I don't keep up with it.)

I do see this starting a trend.

Building a base and selling it is taking the influence transfer between players to a whole new level. There is nothing on the Auction House that is going to sell for 500M.

If it was on Excelsior or Everlasting it would sell for much more.

If that is how players want to make their influence, I would much rather see it done that way than by AFK farming in the AE. AFK Farming in the AE takes no "time, skill or creativity". 

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

15 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I can't argue with that, but it is selling a base and 500mil profit generated from game-time only. No influence. No drops. No salvage. No recipes. No card packs.

Personally, I think that the exchange of influence between players (mainly done through the Auction House) is the best PVP in the game.

Why would you use your "time, skill and creativity" for the post to make nothing and provide them with the method to earn 500M?

Perhaps it would look bad for a Community Rep to be the one starting the selling of bases in game? (I don't know, but assuming a negative if they are not doing it themselves).

People can have multiple accounts. It seems like some of the big base builders have several.

If players are willing to pay in-game influence for bases, I say go for it. I hope that there is a huge boom in base sales.

Agreed.

I know that some base builders take influence to build bases for other people's supergroups.

This is the first time I have seen one for sale. I'm assuming this time it may be due to the player (Easter Bunny in this case) moving all of their characters from Indomitable due to the decreased server population. Its has never had a decent server population since I've been on Homecoming. (I only made 4 characters and one supergroup over there. Moved one character off of the server already. See nothing in /LFG most of the time. If there is something, it is only end-game stuff. It used to be the PVP server, but that's changed - don't remember if it is Everlasting or Excelsior at this point, but I don't actively PVP I don't keep up with it.)

Building a base and selling it is taking the influence transfer between players to a whole new level. There is nothing on the Auction House that is going to sell for 500M.

If that is how players want to make their influence, I would much rather see it done that way than by AFK farming in the AE. AFK Farming in the AE takes no "time, skill or creativity". 

Wow.

It's like you saw the 500mil price tag and just stopped reading.

I'd recommend that you do your research next time before making assumptions, though based on some of your other commentary on other posts, you seem to

enjoy making inflammatory comments.

So, I'm choosing to disengage with you. I refuse to argue with ignorance.

Just so you know, I sold this base in July 2022. Easter bunny became a Community rep in October 2022. He wasn't a CR then.

Edited by PotatoLove
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Agreed.

Wow that's a whole lot of words. Words that contradict other words. Words that have nothing to do with the topic. And words that are devoid of facts or research. Wow. Just. Wow.

That's a Masterclass. Lordt just wow.

• Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, PotatoLove said:

It's like you saw the 500mil price tag and just stopped reading.

A wrong assumption.

I did admittedly gloss over a bunch of it ... mostly the detailed description of the base areas.

I'd recommend that you do your research next time before making assumptions, though based on some of your other commentary on other posts, you seem to

enjoy making inflammatory comments.

It seem you do as well and, apparently, still entirely miss my point.

So, I'm choosing to disengage with you. I refuse to argue with ignorance.

Okay. mutual ignore agreed to.

11 hours ago, Tanklet said:

Wow that's a whole lot of words. Words that contradict other words. Words that have nothing to do with the topic. And words that are devoid of facts or research. Wow. Just. Wow.

That's a Masterclass. Lordt just wow.

Okay. Your call on your opinion.

I see no reason to believe that my statement that bases don't cost influence to build and any sale is all influence profit is incorrect in anyway.

This is the first time that I have ever run anyone actively selling a base in the forums.

I do think that other players may find this a good option for both selling and buying bases.

I know that some base builders already charge other players influence to build or assist in building bases.

I see no reason to believe that this isn't a way that other players can start making large sums of influence - especially on the more populated servers.

And, yes, there is a reason to question when someone is being a middleman for a base sale and don't get anything out of it. 

In some way, they are getting something out of it. In this case, the poster is indicating that they didn't get any influence out of the deal.

Easter Bunny has 10 accounts that are called Easter Bunny. (See them all by typing @ with Easter)

Based on that, there can be no definitive answer if Easter Bunny has more accounts that aren't named Easter Bunny.

Is the "time, skill and creativity" different between base building different from marketing? Yes. Obviously.

Does it take any "time, skill and creativity" to AFK farm? Obviously, it takes none at all.

In my opinion, trading of goods in City of Heroes is the best PVP in the game.

I don't care if it's in the auction house, through individual player trading, or selling bases.

500M influence profit is a good deal in one transaction. And I do consider utilizing the method of sale, pricing to sell on the market, and gaining that influence reward are key parts of Ebil Marketing.

This very much fits with what I consider to be Ebil Marketing.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Haha 1