3 Man MM Team

DocMidknight

I'm about to set up a 3 man MM team and was wondering what the best combos would be. I initially tried this with 3 demon MM's with cold, thermal and sonic secondaries to mixed success but was fun enough to try again. This time I was thinking of pairing demon, necro and bot together but unsure what secondary sets to choose, I'm leaning towards necro/cold and bots/ff with demon still undecided but thought I would post this and see what kinda responses I get to help me in my madness of deciding which way to go with this crazy endeavor.......thanks in advance  

If you are running all these yourself, then I would go for sets that are not as busy. It depends on how much you want to try and herd cats with ADD.

I would probably go for thugs over necro to have a 'tank' that you can buff and gang war when needed. I would probably match FF, sonic and pain for the heals and aura heal.

• Like 1

@DocMidknight

Sorry for the delayed reply, only just noticed this thread. First off I actually wrote a multibox guide here, with builds and a video - 

I would urge you to take the same pet-type though, as they all have different feels and style sthat will make multiboxing difficult in an already difficult setup. The ranged pets will hang back and shoot and will be out of range of buffs/heals, and sone of the melee might run off and chase down runners and get squished. So to begin with, all 3 pets of same sort for similar pet control styles/grouping.

Far as secondary goes, if you are running a team of 3, i would try to take one defense set, one resistance set, and kinetics. Why kinetics? Its a very large damage boost to all pets present, along with speed/end tools which is nice, and can also help with healing.

Out of the Resistance sets, i would recommend EA or Thermal. I feel EA is better overall because it does more than just +res and heal, but Thermal would be easier to manage.

Out of the Defense sets, you could get away with a FF and be largely hands free, but Time is also a very strong contender and can also be auto-casted to be almost entirely hands free, aside from rebuffing power boost + farsight. I don't have any great experience with cold so I can't fairly comment.

But the guide has much more info and breakdown with screenshots of side by side comparisons, and the video shows how my robot setup plays.

Hope this helps!  Happy Masterminding!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Thanks for the replies. At first I settled on 3 bots but then I thought about it and decided to go with 3 different primaries just to see them all in action and see how they work together with the primaries being demon, bot and necro with secondaries still TBD. The purpose is just to run some content in game.....not farming or anything too strenuous, just standard missions and contact story arcs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, DocMidknight said:

to see them all in action and see how they work together with the primaries being demon, bot and necro with secondaries still TBD. 

Love me some Necro/Dark, if you're looking for secondary recommendations.

• Like 2

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

21 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

Love me some Necro/Dark, if you're looking for secondary recommendations.

@PLVRIZR. Yep, necro/dark is very nasty as I have 1 at 50, also necro/cold is very nice also..........still undecided but thinking of pairing bots/ff, demon/pain and then necro/?....dark is probably the leading candidate for the pairing unless I can come up with something that fits for a theme....maybe cold, time or nature

• Thumbs Up 1