What's a Needed Support Class For Later Levels?

Not really. Most of the support sets are pretty good so I always advise people to play the one that they enjoy. Additionally the popular support sets tend to be played a lot because they are good so the less common sets are the ones that are only ok.

Rad, Dark, Traps, Cold and Thermal all have a strong regen debuff which makes AVs easier so while none of them are essential they are all very useful for taking down AVs and all are strong sets for other reasons as well (Thermal is probably the weakest of them). Kinetics is another very popular set for the combination of recharge and damage buffs that it provides. Thermal and Sonic are both nice sets that are relatively rare and provide resistance buffs which are less common than defense buffs.

Defender Smash!

Is there a lesser common support class that you wish you saw more around in later levels?

More people play corrupter s then defenders now I think, I hear thermal radiation is underrated and under played.

I do Thermal on a Mastermind and it is indeed a great set with a little of everything.  Buffs, debuffs, heals, and the most hilarious rez in the game.  Not a master of any one, that I can tell, but like most sets when taken as a whole it works rather well.

But if we're talking Corruptor sets I have to say the lack of Poison disappoints me.  The debuffs are amazing.  I think when people say "support" they erroneously translate it as "heals and buffs," but don't consider debuffing to be a form of support.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I am not claiming it to be objective fact.  Please do not start a five-alarm flame war because I said a thing someone might disagree with.

Is there a lesser common support class that you wish you saw more around in later levels?

More people play corrupter s then defenders now I think, I hear thermal radiation is underrated and under played.

I do Thermal on a Mastermind and it is indeed a great set with a little of everything.  Buffs, debuffs, heals, and the most hilarious rez in the game.  Not a master of any one, that I can tell, but like most sets when taken as a whole it works rather well.

But if we're talking Corruptor sets I have to say the lack of Poison disappoints me.  The debuffs are amazing.  I think when people say "support" they erroneously translate it as "heals and buffs," but don't consider debuffing to be a form of support.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I am not claiming it to be objective fact.  Please do not start a five-alarm flame war because I said a thing someone might disagree with.

right on. Thanks for all the info guys.

Any support power set is vital endgame for most everything (farming aside). Find what tickles your fancy. Even Forcefield, which is pretty one dimensional (but a fave of mine) contributes at end game, preventing cascading Defense failures and lending mezz protection. Unlike most games, elitism is not the rule when it comes to what you play at end game.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Archetypes, not classes! :D

This may seem like pointless pedantry, but it really is a significant distinction. Different power set selections can make two of the same AT play RADICALLY different. Much more so than different specs in classes in traditional MMOs.