/emailsend command with global name with spaces example?

Norl

Suppose your global was @Globalwith Spaces, how would one format a /emailsend command to work?  I've exhausted all possibilities.

One site even said to bracket spaces with question marks.  But @Globalwith? ?Spaces doesn't seem right.

Double quotes, underscore, nothing seems to work right.  Any ideas?

• 1 month later

You can't.  The command never worked with names that had spaces and it's been this way for 20 years.  This is also true for the /emailsendattachment command. The best you can do is rename your global name and take out any spaces. Kinda like what I did... Black Specter --> BlackSpectre. Otherwise, you're just out of luck. 😞

• Thumbs Up 1

These commands are dangerous and should be avoided.   Using these commands can and will lead to problems and has done so in the past.  The only safe version is: /toggle compose.

• Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

I use these all the time in a custom menu with no problem:

Button "Email Awaken" <&emailsendattachment @Provoke "Awaken" "0" "2" "0" "Save this for later."&>
    Button "Email Break Free" <&emailsendattachment @Provoke "Break Free!" "0" "2" "0" "Save this for later."&>
    Button "Email inspiration" <&emailsendattachment @Provoke "Inspiration" "0" "2" "0" "Save this for later."&>

This sends whatever is in the lower left inspiration slot to the global email listed in the command. That's my global handle in the example above.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:25 AM, Linea said:

These commands are dangerous and should be avoided.   Using these commands can and will lead to problems and has done so in the past.  The only safe version is: /toggle compose.

That's odd. What problems are you referring to?

It used to be that incompatible global names clogged up the player's email system, but that has since been alleviated by daily server refreshes. In any case, I haven't had any trouble. Have you?

49 minutes ago, Bulletman said:

That's odd. What problems are you referring to?

You can send unintended attachments because of indexing issues, corrupt your character, and/or email.   If you only send text then it's not an issue, but when you start trying to send influence and attachments things can go wrong.  Ask a Dev.  It's been warned against in the past, more than once, they are not commands that were never intended for end-users.   As far as I know it's not an issue with crashing the mapserver or systems, it's only your head in the noose, and people persist in doing it, but it IS your head in the noose.  

I still respec in bases even though that is also strongly advised against, and I even know why, but I'm willing to risk it because it's quiet and convenient for me, and it is again, only MY head in that noose.

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:38 AM, Linea said:

You can send unintended attachments because of indexing issues, corrupt your character, and/or email.   If you only send text then it's not an issue, but when you start trying to send influence and attachments things can go wrong ... but I'm willing to risk it because ... again, only MY head in that noose.

Unintended attachments is mainly due to lack of understanding on how the indexing system works, but corrupting your email/character may be a real risk. It's never happened to me or any of the people I know, but I can see how things might get messed up in the back-end. Thanks for the warning. It's definitely worth keeping in mind. Use at your own risk.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:27 PM, Doughboy said:

I use these all the time in a custom menu with no problem:

Button "Email Awaken" <&emailsendattachment @Provoke "Awaken" "0" "2" "0" "Save this for later."&>

I use this macro to send myself inspirations:

/macro "emailsendattachment @GlobalName "Awaken" 0 2 00 Insp$$emailsendattachment @GlobalName "Awaken" 0 2 10 Insp$$emailsendattachment @GlobalName "Awaken" 0 2 20 Insp$$emailsendattachment @GlobalName "Awaken" 0 2 30 Insp$$emailsendattachment @GlobalName "Awaken" 0 2 40 Insp"

What I do is fill up my entire inspiration tray with awakens, then click this macro only 4 times, and all 20 inspirations are transferred to my global email very quickly. Basically, what this macro does is transfer all of the inspirations in the bottom row of the tray. Since inspirations move down when you use or delete them, you end up getting the whole tray in just 4 clicks. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1