Ice/Traps criticism wanted

Reningrendir

The purpose of this build was to create an extremely strong support character.

My goal is to create a character that will make the new levels of content coming out in the next patch to be much easier by making the enemies as easy to kill as possible through slowing them down to a halt or damn near one while providing extreme debuffs to their defense and resist and aiding my allies with bonus to defense, regen and a moderate amount of shielding and healing.

Strengths: The debuffs on this are insane -recharge is consistently at -146% with just fridged and the AOE root. The -defense is at just over 23% and -resist sits at -40%. My aura and all abilities have a chance to confuse enemies causing their attacks to attack other enemies completely negating the damage of some foes. The -regen thanks to poison trap is at -1000% which mathematically boosts my dps by the enemies hit points per second regened up to 1000% as long as I am the only one with -regen on the enemy. The buffs I provide are +16.99 defense, +275% regen and +259% absorption shielding. Lastly is controlling, obviously.

Weaknesses: Resistances are terribly low save for S&L as well as damage. To mitigate the lack of ability to take damage I picked phase shift as an oh crap button. The damage isn't something I can do much about, but I heard there is a damage buff coming to Ice.

What I am looking for from you, first of all thank you for making it this far. I'd love it if we could have a dialogue in the comments below to try and optimize the ice/traps combo to get what I want out of it. 

To anyone reading these, feel free to take this build or any below and use it as you please and know that I wish you the best of luck and fun trying it all out 🙂

Controller - Ice Control - Traps.mxd

So Arctic Air is bad for Procs, thanks to the fixed 10 second recharge (because it's a toggle / aura) + huge AoE. Your proc rate will be awful. Go for Malaises or the purple set (depending on budget). 

I also wouldn't worry about the uniques in Jack too much. He's reasonably tanky anyway, go for set bonuses here too, like 6 Expedients. 

Poison Trap on the other hand does Proc very well. 

Here's my planned Page 4 build Ice/Traps/Stone (basically I'll be swapping Enflame out for Shivers, even though I love setting Jack on fire). Stone is excellent for Ice because you'll want to be in close for Arctic. Plus you get a Heal / +Health which can take Resist IOs. 

I've taken Teleport for Fold Space and Sorcery for Arcane and Rune. 

Def capped but a little bit of an "eggshell" build (anything really good at debuffing Def will give you a bad time) but at least you have Earths Embrace. 

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Jury Rigged: Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Ice Control
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Stone Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(5), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(17)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Frostbite -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A)
Level 4: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 6: Arctic Air -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(17), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(19), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(19), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(21), MlsIll-Dam%(43)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 10: Acid Mortar -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 12: Ice Slick -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 14: Combat Teleport -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), DefBuff-I(36)
Level 18: Teleport Target -- Acc-I(A)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), RechRdx-I(23), RechRdx-I(31), NrnSht-Dam%(33), Lck-%Hold(33), UnbCns-Dam%(34)
Level 22: Fold Space -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(37), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 24: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(25)
Level 26: Glacier -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(27), Lck-Rchg/Hold(27), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29), Lck-%Hold(39)
Level 28: Shiver -- IceMisTrmt-End/Slow(A), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Rech(34), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Slow(37), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End(45), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(49), ImpSwf-Dam%(50)
Level 30: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), DefBuff-I(47)
Level 32: Jack Frost -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(42)
Level 35: Trip Mine -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(43)
Level 38: Fissure -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), DefBuff-I(49)
Level 44: Seismic Smash -- Acc-I(A), TchofDth-Dam%(45), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48), NrnSht-Dam%(47), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(48), Hct-Dam%(48)
Level 47: Earth's Embrace -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(40), DS:DSyncHealRech(50)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(13), PrfShf-EndMod(23)
Level 4: Arcane Power 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
------------

Edited by Carnifax