SG Bases for AE missions

biostem

I've seen some truly remarkable SG bases, and I've always thought that some would make really awesome maps for AE missions.  I realize there would be the potential for "trap maps", but you could add a stipulation that such maps are prohibited and able to be reported, or something.  You'd also have to come up with some random or procedural method of placing enemy spawns/locations.  Your thoughts?

You would also have to add pathing beacons for pets. And some bases? Are extremely convoluted for navigating through. Not maps that would be mission friendly for anything. Also, out of the plethora of bases made, how would bases even be chosen?

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You would also have to add pathing beacons for pets. And some bases? Are extremely convoluted for navigating through. Not maps that would be mission friendly for anything. Also, out of the plethora of bases made, how would bases even be chosen?

Good points.  As for how they'd be chosen - maybe allow players to load them like they do custom NPCs?  It'd not be a small feat, I admit...

Elaborate SG bases are only possible because they dont contain any pathing beacons.  Without pathing beacons,  NPCs cant move.  If beacons were added,  the bases would have a significant amount of lag.  Maybe something can be improved in the future,  but just flipping a switch for bases to be used for missions isnt a current option.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Elaborate SG bases are only possible because they dont contain any pathing beacons.  Without pathing beacons,  NPCs cant move.  If beacons were added,  the bases would have a significant amount of lag.  Maybe something can be improved in the future,  but just flipping a switch for bases to be used for missions isnt a current option.  

What if you disallowed mobile enemy spawns and only allowed user-placed fixed ones?  It'd limit the types of stories you could realize, but you'd now how limitless custom maps at your disposal...

That could be possible but i mean they cant move at all.  They see you but dont move.  Maybe they would use ranged attacks but they dont move into melee range.  Summon some mastermind henchmen and give them the follow or go to command and watch them do absolutely nothing.