A LFG Option for Ouroboro Task Forces

I started an Ouro Flashback, and I wanted to run a team, but not wait for X amount of time recruiting. It would be nice if the TF's Select Challege Section window has option Allow Join 'In Progress', and maybe suboptions Before Mission Y of Z and Join Type (OPEN, QUERY, CLOSED).

• Z is the total number of missions, and Y is a selectable option of 1 to Z with a default of Z-1 unless Z=1 then Y=Z.
  • Join Type is defaulted to QUERY.
    • OPEN is anyone can join without querying the TF Owner;
    • QUERY is the TF Owner can accept or deny a Join Request. (This would be in the situation of waiting on a friend or a team member is changing to a needed/desired Archetype for example);
    • CLOSED is not to list the TF in the LFG system

If the option Allow Join 'In Progress' is positive, then TF is listed on the LFG window and the Avg Wait time is 0 (or O) for Open, or 1 (or Q) for QUERY instead of a false time already listed. The sytem already handles the reward based on time on a missions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another reason that ouro missions get the team locked when starting is to prevent someone from joining for the last mission since the entire team gets reward merits.  I would like to be able to invite to in progress flashbacks but the end reward would need to be reworked first.

On 8/20/2022 at 11:05 AM, Astralock said:

Unfortunately, the “Join Already in Progress” option in LFG is busted.  It has never worked, even back on live.

It's not. I have joined a few TF in progress - I've join one Posi once at the start. I've join two SBB during the first BB. I use it a lot, but very minimal sucess.

On 8/20/2022 at 3:35 PM, TheZag said:

Another reason that ouro missions get the team locked when starting is to prevent someone from joining for the last mission since the entire team gets reward merits.  I would like to be able to invite to in progress flashbacks but the end reward would need to be reworked first.

I think all TF's are like that. When I first started (live) being informed once a TF starts, you can't join. (But as mentioned above, I did manage to join a Posi once after it's start.) Only the merits would need to be reworked. I've joined many teams and got limited rewards and messages NOT ON MAP LONG ENOUGH...but I think Merits would - I don't know.

Maybe the problem is not enough are using it, or people running with less than 7/8, or zone - for example, I can select an SF but be on the blue side with my Rouge, or not in the start zone like Ouro or Pocket D for a SBB, BAF....

Either way, Homecoming needs to seperate itself from other Private Servers to maintain a hungry user base beyond us old school lovers of the game.

To my knowledge, the only events you can join in progress using LFG are incarnate trials, SBB and the Halloween and Winter events (i.e., the ones that port you directly into the mission). If you use LFG to join a TF/SF, it just TPs you to the contact. It is not possible to join a Posi TF in progress using LFG. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Yes, all TFs are the same in regard to not allowing new people to join after it starts.  Ive been told ouro is the same because that was the only way to make it work.  AE is different though.  It places you into taskforce mode where you cant access your regular contacts but people can still be added to the team.  I wish ouro worked this way as well.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, TheZag said:

This would be a nice addition to regular arcs, anyone who participates on the whole arc gets the merit rewards and associated badges (if any).  I realize there are technical limitations but a lot of the arcs are short and could just be that you did all the missions in a row, with the same team/leader and just award based on that.  "Remembering" arc mission progress would be better but I realize there might be difficulties doing that.

• Like 1