Possible Bug/Pet AI issue

KeiyraMule

Since the patch on 08/23/22, has anyone noticed strange pet AI behavior with the Mu Mastery, Summon Guardian?  This pet has 2 ranged attacks, and used to stay at range and just zapp away.  Now after 1 or 2 blasts, it moves into melee range with foes.  It seems to do this with every pack of foes: blasts a couple of times, then zooms into melee range before continuing to attack.  This is not the same behavior it had before, and puts the pet at far greater danger being in melee range.  Anyone else seeing this?

I don't know, my Mu Guardian did that before the patch. Same as my Phantasm. Want to buy ranged pets that just stay at range.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

Something definitely happened to pet AI, sometimes they just won't attack enemies unless attacked first, which looks really silly when you attack an enemy 20 levels below you, they start shooting at you and your pets just stand around like nothing.

7 hours ago, KeiyraMule said:

Since the patch on 08/23/22, has anyone noticed strange pet AI behavior with the Mu Mastery, Summon Guardian?  This pet has 2 ranged attacks, and used to stay at range and just zapp away.  Now after 1 or 2 blasts, it moves into melee range with foes.  It seems to do this with every pack of foes: blasts a couple of times, then zooms into melee range before continuing to attack.  This is not the same behavior it had before, and puts the pet at far greater danger being in melee range.  Anyone else seeing this?

I don't have as much experience herding a Guardian, but I can tell you for sure that the Adept has *always* done that... I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've lost Cardinal (My old main's perma-summoned Adept-) to Warhulks and exploding cysts and goon's AoEs targeted on Kestrel (Who's a melee type-) because the floating goofball decided that he, with all his RANGED attacks, really, really wanted to be right in the middle of a fight, in the explody-stabby-whatever's face. <_<

They're just not smart guys, those Adepts. I can't imagine the Guardians' and Strikers' AI being much sillier than theirs is.  

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice