Best Radio Support AT/combo?

KyezoKyrie

What I'm looking to do is make a toon that checks off as many of the following for supporting lowbies in (edit: Level 50-54 PI/Grandville) radio missions;

• +Acc on allies (Probably just tactics?)
  • +Def and/or Res on allies
  • -Def and/or Res on enemies
  • Locking down enemies would be a bonus but I'm already expecting most mobs to be downed quickly.

I'm well aware that just murdering arresting everyone ASAP would meet the requirements as well, but I want to be able to take lowbies and let them feel awesome by actually hitting things in a +2/x8 or higher when they lack any enhancements.  Leaning towards Earth/X Controller, but I'm open to any AT and power combos.

Edited by KyezoKyrie
Clarified level of radio missions the toon is intended to run.
  • Like 1

Fair warning that radio missions are pretty terrible in terms of rewards.

Acc should not be needed since lowbies fight against +1 or +1 tops but Tactics, sure.

Sounds like you want to play a Stone/Sonic Controller though. You can debuff ToHit , debuff defense (kinda same as increasing acc for your team), debuff resistance (counts as a damage buff), buff resistance, and as a bonus keep things soft locked with knockdown patches.

Honestly it is kinda overthinking it though. A simple Kin Defender would let teams steamroll simply by having everyone with Speedboost while spamming Transfusion to keep everyone topped off.

If you want to make your team feel awesome (or useless. I kinda feel superfluous when a Plant is in the team) go with Plants and a single Seeds of Confusion makes the team perfectly safe. Double down with Kinetics so that they are speedboosted, healed, and also fighting mobs that are not fighting back.

Edited by Sovera

I completely realized I didn't explain properly and I greatly apologize.  So what I'm looking at doing is making a specialized PI/Grandville 50 support toon for pugs, geared towards lower level toons to let them go against insane odds and still feel like they're able to be awesome.

Earth/Sonic definitely sounds like it would hit all of those marks, I'll play with Mids later to see what sort of resist numbers I could toss onto them as long as they stay close. 

I've never tried out /Sonic on a toon before, does it give good status resists?

EA and Nature are best for doing the harder things as per discussion on the Defender forum. I would lean Controller since you are looking for being on the more support side of things. Earth is awesome regardless of what you pair it with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

14 hours ago, KyezoKyrie said:

I completely realized I didn't explain properly and I greatly apologize.  So what I'm looking at doing is making a specialized PI/Grandville 50 support toon for pugs, geared towards lower level toons to let them go against insane odds and still feel like they're able to be awesome.

Earth/Sonic definitely sounds like it would hit all of those marks, I'll play with Mids later to see what sort of resist numbers I could toss onto them as long as they stay close. 

I've never tried out /Sonic on a toon before, does it give good status resists?

Yes, it's one of the few sets that generates a big +res and +CC protection bubble that follows you around and protects you as well.

• Thanks 1