Inconsisten damage/endurance values for Stalker epic single-target attacks.

carroto

Most of the Stalker epic single-target ranged attacks are set the same at 6 seconds recharge, 6.5 endurance, and scale 1.0 damage.

However Weapon Mastery->Shuriken has the same 6 second recharge but lower endurance (5.46) and much lower damage (scale 0.84).  This one might be WAI but I'm not so sure about...

Body Mastery->Laser Beam Eyes has an 8 second recharge, 8.076 endurance, but still only scale 1.0 damage.  This doesn't seem right at all.  I'm not sure what the damage should be because the epic attacks don't seem to follow the standard design formulae.  I'm guessing it should be scale 1.3.

No they're kind of all over the place.  Typically those have not factored into the design formulae though.  Laser Beam Eyes has one of the longest animations among the epic single-target ranged attacks, so that attack gets most of the worst of it.  Long animation and therefore low DPAS and also higher end cost and recharge, all for the same damage as faster recharging and animating attacks in say Soul, Dark, or Mu epics.

Shuriken is pretty bad in this department too.  Fast recharge and low damage but not a fast animation relatively speaking.  Weapon Mastery is bad all around in this sort of way.  It's so low performance that I can't imagine anyone taking it except as required by theme.  It's like a dev hated Natural origin characters and wanted to punish them.

• City Council
21 hours ago, carroto said:

Body Mastery->Laser Beam Eyes has an 8 second recharge, 8.076 endurance, but still only scale 1.0 damage

Typically with Epics, they're penalized with double cooldown. So a 1.0 damage attack would normally be 4s cooldown, but as an epic it's doubled to 8s. The endurance cost for such an Epic attack should be 6.5 endurance. That being said, the rule isn't followed consistently and you'll find many epic attacks that don't make sense.

18 hours ago, Booper said:

Typically with Epics, they're penalized with double cooldown. So a 1.0 damage attack would normally be 4s cooldown, but as an epic it's doubled to 8s. The endurance cost for such an Epic attack should be 6.5 endurance. That being said, the rule isn't followed consistently and you'll find many epic attacks that don't make sense.

Well I guess that's what I'm hoping for.  Some consistency.  As I said most of the other similar attacks have a 6-second cooldown.  LBE with a longer activation time does worse damage (in terms of DPAS) than those attacks while also having a longer recharge and higher end cost, so kind of a triple-whammy.  It would be nice if it and Shuriken were brought in line.