Help for the Helpless

Please consider opening a Homecoming new server with an XP buff in order to accommodate for the potential influx of players who just lost their non-HC servers.

What happened to other servers?

We already have XP buffs, and honestly, it’s not like players who chose to play elsewhere should be rewarded for coming here.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Please consider opening a Homecoming new server with an XP buff in order to accommodate for the potential influx of players who just lost their non-HC servers.

I think I needs some facts. Are you being facetious? Or am I being sarcasm pranked?

Or..... /Jranger

Drama on Pelaidies. Or how ever it's spelled. They are out of the race. At least temporarily. I heard Leo is helping them more to Rebirth.

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

HC's Cipher posted an announcement on the HC Discord stating that Reberon/Pleiades shut down. While some of us may find that getting to 50 is easy enough on HC, I believe that it wouldn't hurt to give those starting over with HC a bit of a boost. Additionally, if there was one server dedicated to newbie leveling, that would give the "refugees" a good Schelling point.

For me, it's a big no...it's not that I am not feeling hospitable, but...

They aren't refugees from a war-torn country.  I'm sympathetic, but they are gamers who chose a free experience and got burned...It's not like they've sunk money into this, and it's not like we don't all know that the biggest risk with this game is exactly what happened - these are private servers...

Standing up a new server would no doubt incur hard costs and suck resources away from development, and for what?  Something that they can already do - get free XP buff's from the market.  There's no cost to them switching...I mean it sucks they lost their toons, but these are the hard breaks in this experience.

Beyond that, think of the logistics - could people transfer characters to the new server from existing HC servers?  Could people on the new XP server switch to regular HC Servers?  If they can switch, then might as well give everyone bonus XP.  And if they can't switch, we are essentially setting up a dedicated Pleiades server just for them?

Big, big no for me...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

It looks like people are being transferred to Rebirth, or there's some behind-the-scenes work being done to maybe make that happen.  Just from what I've read in this thread and the Massively article, I don't really know anything.  But that would make sense since if I remember right Rebirth is another go-back-to-I24 server as opposed to what Homecoming is doing.  (I could be wrong on that.)

Anyway I don't think the influx of new characters from Pelaidies would be great.  3,000 forum accounts does not equal 3,000 players.  We've hit more than 100,000 forum accounts, and we don't have nearly that many people logging in on a given evening.

A special server seems like a lot of overkill. Other have already sufficiently explained why so, I'll counter the request with a proposition. Instead of a new server, reinstate the little patrol bonus xp power again for a bit?  Maybe give it 10 charges instead of 5? (If doable)  Everyone gets access so, no special treatment, but it does give people coming from an unhappy situation a nice welcome to HC and helps them along for a bit.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

A special server seems like a lot of overkill. Other have already sufficiently explained why so, I'll counter the request with a proposition. Instead of a new server, reinstate the little patrol bonus xp power again for a bit?  Maybe give it 10 charges instead of 5? (If doable)  Everyone gets access so, no special treatment, but it does give people coming from an unhappy situation a nice welcome to HC and helps them along for a bit.

That I would be for...

I didn't want to bump the post again, but I wanted to clarify that I am sympathetic...I am really glad Leo was helping Rebirth give them a home..

Also, as an aside, rolled an Alt yesterday and I didn't see the Patrol XP booster.  Has it been removed?