Electric Armor and Willpower Toxic mitigation?

Willdabeastalt1

Electric Armor has NO power outside of its capstone that give any defense or resistance to Toxic damage.  Was this left out intentionally?

All Willpower has is the 7.5% resistance to all damage they get from their passive.  Every other damage type is covered with toggles that give either defense or resistance to it.

The end result is these are now the only two Tanker sets that have no significant mitigation for a specific damage type at ALL.

Is this a design choice, or were they just overlooked?

Edited by Willdabeastalt1

40 minutes ago, biostem said:

Well, Invuln still has its Psi hole, IIRC.

They added significant mitigation in a couple places.

From patch notes:

• Invincibility (Tanker/Brute/Scrapper) - This power now adds a 1.67% toxic and psionic defense for the first target, and 0.33% for additional targets (total 5% against 10 foes, Tanker values).
  • Unyielding (all ATs) - This power now adds 5% psionic resistance (Tanker values)
  • Resist Energies (Tanker/Brute/Scrapper) - This power now adds psionic resistance.
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Willdabeastalt1 said:

Electric Armor has NO power outside of its capstone that give any defense or resistance to Toxic damage.  Was this left out intentionally?

All Willpower has is the 7.5% resistance to all damage they get from their passive.  Every other damage type is covered with toggles that give either defense or resistance to it.

The end result is these are now the only two Tanker sets that have no significant mitigation for a specific damage type at ALL.

Is this a design choice, or were they just overlooked?

Pretty sure that it was design choice.  I know that at the very least Electric Armor was brought up during Page 4 beta, but the only answer given was “Maybe.  I’ll look into it.”  Unfortunately, that complete lack of toxic damage mitigation makes Electric Armor even more garbage than it was before, compared to other armor sets.

10 hours ago, Astralock said:

Unfortunately, that complete lack of toxic damage mitigation makes Electric Armor even more garbage than it was before, compared to other armor sets.

Have you ever played Electric Armor? It's an extremely sturdy set. Even after P4, toxic damage is still pretty rare and Elec can cap resists to everything else (with the possible exception of Neg).

18 hours ago, Willdabeastalt1 said:

All Willpower has is the 7.5% resistance to all damage they get from their passive. 

Willpower gets 12.5% toxic resist in SoW.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, Uun said:

Have you ever played Electric Armor? It's an extremely sturdy set. Even after P4, toxic damage is still pretty rare and Elec can cap resists to everything else (with the possible exception of Neg).

Yes, I have.  Grounded is a garbage power that is only worth taking for the endurance drain resistance.  If you take any travel power other than Super Speed or Speed of Sound, you're going to need additional knockback protection.  No matter what travel power you use, the immobilization protection in Grounded isn't sufficient, basically requiring you to take Combat Jumping for additional immobilization protection anyway.  If Grounded didn't have endurance drain protection, it'd be a completely skippable power.

You're much better off playing Energy Aura, Radiation Armor, or Stone Armor instead.

4 hours ago, Astralock said:

Yes, I have.  Grounded is a garbage power that is only worth taking for the endurance drain resistance.  If you take any travel power other than Super Speed or Speed of Sound, you're going to need additional knockback protection.  No matter what travel power you use, the immobilization protection in Grounded isn't sufficient, basically requiring you to take Combat Jumping for additional immobilization protection anyway.  If Grounded didn't have endurance drain protection, it'd be a completely skippable power.

You're much better off playing Energy Aura, Radiation Armor, or Stone Armor instead.

Grounded has mag 15 KB protection and mag 6 immobilize protection. The issue is that it only works when you're near the ground, so you need to play accordingly. While I take Combat Jumping on all my melee toons, I've never had additional KB protection with Elec Armor and haven't needed it (and I use Super Jump as my travel power). 

Energy Aura isn't available to tanks.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 9/9/2022 at 11:15 PM, Astralock said:

Pretty sure that it was design choice.  I know that at the very least Electric Armor was brought up during Page 4 beta, but the only answer given was “Maybe.  I’ll look into it.”  Unfortunately, that complete lack of toxic damage mitigation makes Electric Armor even more garbage than it was before, compared to other armor sets.

Elec Armor is awesome because you can do this.

Electric.jpg.4321b50f182ecd810430755ad0e3747e.jpg

If you build accordingly that hole shinks well enough to mitigate - so long as you don't take groups with it for granted.  You could build higher than that chart also but have to start trading off other areas - and IMO 50 has proven to be enough.

Plus you have an awesome heal in Energize that boosts Regen significantly which is up often.

Most importantly I haven't found anything yet that will severely end drain either tanker or brute Elec armor.  Jello mr sapper - nice gun you have there...(Antonio Banderas voice) BOOM.  Sapper is not in his happy place.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 1