My fonts are suddenly unreadable, how can I fix this?

wijnen

A while ago (I guess after an update of my OS, but I don't remember), my login screen suddenly looked like this:

image844.png.35d2564e0494004fc97445b08f3b847d.png

I tried changing the fonts (using https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/4627-give-your-ui-a-facelift-replacing-the-coh-fonts-with-your-own/#comment-38878), which changes it a little, but it doesn't help:

image832.png.9314d1c2a8ceb80b65aa75aa1b8397a4.png

The text in the chat is still readable, but speech bubbles are not.

Does anyone know what can be the problem, and more importantly, how I fix it?

Thanks.

I'm running CoH on Debian GNU/Linux, through Island Rum and Wine.

• 7 months later

Let me bump this topic. Maybe someone new will see it and has an idea what is happening? The problem is still the same.

I also tried reinstalling the game, but that didn't make any difference.

This has come up before. Look through some old posts. I’m sure you will find a fix.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

If it happens in another Windows game that uses Wine on your system, a more appropriate place to seek help might be Wine's Community Forums.  Knowing what version of things you have installed may help (Wine 6, 7, 8, stable, experimental, what Debian release you're on...)

The downside of community support: we can't help with what we haven't seen ourselves.

While Island Rum CAN work on Linux, the HC Installer on its own within a Wine Prefix should be enough to get you going if you're willing to re-do the installation.

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall of COx and the launcher you use?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Yes, I did reinstall with Island Rum. I didn't know the HC launcher also works on Wine. I'll try that, thanks for the tip.

Edit: Just tried that. It did indeed install and it does run, but unfortunately the problem remains. I'll see if I can try different wine versions.

Edited by wijnen

Found this, hope it helps.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• 2 weeks later