Regenerative Tissue in Mud Bath

Norl

So I put Regenerative Tissue (Adds 25% bonus to regeneration rate every 120s) in Health, it works fine.  I put it in Mud Baths (blaster secondary Earth Manipulation) and toggle it on, and...nothing.

Ooh, just tried it with Numina's, same issue.  Does not show up as a bonus for regeneration in Mud Bath toggled on, but works fine in Health.

Am I missing something?  I thought this kind of thing should work in toggles, not just always-on or clickies.

Ok, the heal portion in Mud Bath is not like the recovery portion, which adds to recovery rate.  Rather it heals you over time in pulses, but only when you take damage.

So when taking damage, you get heal pulses from Mud Bath, and that activates the proc from Regenerative Tissue, as well as just the healing bonus.

So I will  move it into Health and put Preventative Medicine absorb proc into it, as that doesn't kick in until you start taking damage anyway.  Testing, it works.

Edited by Norl
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Norl

Both Numina's and Regenerative Tissue as well as Miracle are "proc 120's".  They work in any power for 120 seconds after the power is activated:  

• In an Auto power like Health this happens pretty much as soon as you log in.   The power then continues to 'activate' every 10 seconds.  The bonus does not stack (or isn't supposed to there was a time when zoning could cause the bonus to stack.  It was a bug.)
  • In a Toggle it provides the bonus upon activation and renews it every 10 secs continuing for 120 seconds after the last activation upon detoggling.
  • In a Click they activate and continue to provide the bonus for 120 seconds thereafter.

So they will work in click powers like Heal Other, Frostwork, or Instant Healing but only for 120 seconds after being clicked (activated).  After which you need to be to click the power again for the bonus to apply.  First two that's often not an issue especially if teamed but is rather problematic with IH givens its recharge is much greater than 120 seconds.  The 'works without any further attention' is one reason Health is often the choice.  No concerns about retoggling or clicking to regain the bonus.  If you're upright (not dead/defeated) an auto power means the bonus is applying.

Edit:  seems my reading comprehension is off.  You seem aware of how they work in general.  Just some specific goofiness around the toggle sustain in Earth Manipulation ... so hopefully the post helps someone else.

Edited by Doomguide2005