Unable to play using hotspot

JohnManticore

I just downloaded the game on my laptop so i have something to do on my down time during work. I can launch and log in just fine, but once I select a server, it says that I lost connection every time. I've ran multiple speed test, using both my hotspot connection and USB tethering, and neither one is working. Does anyone have suggestions?

Check your firewall, verify that it's allowing your programs through.  My only Internet access is via using my phone as a hotspot and I don't have problems connecting or staying connected.  The one time I did encounter a problem, it was because my firewall decided to block the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 hours ago, JohnManticore said:

I just downloaded the game on my laptop so i have something to do on my down time during work. I can launch and log in just fine, but once I select a server, it says that I lost connection every time. I've ran multiple speed test, using both my hotspot connection and USB tethering, and neither one is working. Does anyone have suggestions?

From my understanding, the login server and actual shards are different "entities", and the login server hands you off to the appropriate server, once you have passed the initial verification.  That process may utilize different ports, which your job/institution may then block, causing the error.  Do you have access to a VPN that you could try?

• Thumbs Up 1