Stunned and Defeated during Reichsman Fight

dtjunkie

I was running a 4/8 Dr. Kahn TF with my Electric Armor / Super Strength Tank. Everything was super smooth until the fight with Reichsman. I was repeatedly Stunned during the fight, and twice I was killed very quickly (too quickly to make a BF and hit Energize for example). I'm not familiar enough with Reichsman to understand how he was doing this. I've tanked this TF with other powersets previously and not encountered this. My build is below if it helps.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Power Hitter: Level 50 Science Tanker
Primary Power Set: Electric Armor
Secondary Power Set: Super Strength
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(21)
Level 1: Jab -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(27)
Level 2: Punch -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(9), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(11)
Level 4: Haymaker -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(13), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(15), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17), GldStr-%Dam(17)
Level 6: Static Shield -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(33)
Level 8: Grounded -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 10: Taunt -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(46), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(46), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(48), Prv-Absorb%(48)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37)
Level 18: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I(A)
Level 20: Knockout Blow -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(21), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(23), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg(25), Hct-Dam%(25)
Level 22: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(43), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 24: Weave -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40), Rct-ResDam%(43), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 26: Power Sink -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 32: Lightning Field -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(50)
Level 35: Rage -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dam%(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(39), ExpStr-Dam%(40), PrfZng-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Assault -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(27), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(29)
Level 30: Double Jump
------------

Well he has according to CoD at least one power if it hits will pretty much stun anyone much like Ghost Widow's hold.  It's mag 100.  Along with several other stun capable powers he might stack.  I can't open or use Mids but what are your defenses like and any DDR?  And what level was Reichsman (54? +/- your level shift?).  He has both resistance and defense debuffs as well.  

Edited by Doomguide2005

It's the unresistable stun that gets you, regardless of DDR.  We ran it on TT, last Tuesday night, and my Ice/Stone tank got stunned and detoggled once or twice (but with seven other tanks taunting, didn't kiss the floor).  He NEVER gets stunned or knocked back/down... (unless the aforementioned Ghost Widow or Crimson Prototype, or the like with mag 100(+) effects).

It's not a hole in your build.  What you posted there is a badass tank, for sure 😆

Edited by PLVRIZR
missed a parenthesis

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Yeah if a 100 mag hits you your stunned (or whatever).  About only way it doesn't happen is probable an Empath or Sonic spamming the utter crap out of Clear Mind or Clarity.  Just for giggles I had one of my Empath stack around 8 Clear Minds on a teammate during the then STF when Ghost Widow showed up so it can be done ... 😳🙄

• Like 1

Thanks all! That makes sense. I was confused because the other tank on the team didn't appear to be getting stunned (perhaps I was attracting all the aggro) and my stone / ax tank wasn't stunned the few times he ran this (but the difficulty was probably only +1 so I guess the mag 100 stun kept missing)

12 hours ago, dtjunkie said:

Thanks all! That makes sense. I was confused because the other tank on the team didn't appear to be getting stunned (perhaps I was attracting all the aggro) and my stone / ax tank wasn't stunned the few times he ran this (but the difficulty was probably only +1 so I guess the mag 100 stun kept missing)

Yeah, especially if Reichsman was literally +3 or +4 with the Purple Patch the mez duration would increase making his stun last longer (and easier to stack) and the blows themselves hurt more when they land.  Reichsman is one of the main motivations for my main, a Claws/SR scrapper, started chasing +max health and +regen.  She got stunned and double tapped once for 1800+ health and died despite having 1750 or so health at the time.

Edit:  Was your Stone Tanker in Granite at the time?  I haven't looked at Elec's t9 but Granite has near double protection and resistance values to Stun as they would if Rooted.  Looks like Power Surge is similar self buff but it's a Click vs Granite's toggle.  

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Edit:  Was your Stone Tanker in Granite at the time?  I haven't looked at Elec's t9 but Granite has near double protection and resistance values to Stun as they would if Rooted.  Looks like Power Surge is similar self buff but it's a Click vs Granite's toggle.  

Yes, I was in Granite and at about 40% on Negative Energy Defense. Only at 19% for the Electric Armor tank.