Sonic Sonic Defender?

Golden Azrael

Part of me wants HComing to really do a Defender design pass which allows them to self buff to lift Solo Defenders out of the Mediocre mud pit they are in.

On my current Duo?  I can make even the 'not so popular or fancied Invul/Kin tank seem rather special with insane -res debuffs on mobs!

The L26 Sonic power of 'Clarity.'  *coughs.  Really?  In all the excitement of the Sonic BLaster revamp...it's a shame the HC design team didn't run their rotavator over Sonic/Sonic Defenders.

I left out L26.  When for Aim.  I have just got the Sleep (Siren) at L28 and put some end reds in it.  (x2 of course!)

Anyone got a build that can lift it out of it's solo malaise.  I can fight even con whites...  But if a Freak Tank turns up...I'm valiantly making for the Exit door.

Thoughts an ideas on how to turn this into a 'Tank God by Any Other name' thoroughly welcome.

Sonic.  Sonic.  A classic old school defender.  But when you look at the sets eg. Time.  This feels like it's stuck in the claggy clay of the past.

Azrael.

Paging @Linea  Guessing they at least have an older saved build version of the one used on one of the early Master of the STF run by RO.   They figured out how to perma-Sonic Cage one of Lord Recluse's Towers, helping to complete the utter stomping the all Support  team gave Lord Recluse:  4 GM Empaths (Dark, Rad, 2×lost to time), Sonic/Sonic, Cold/Arch, another lost to time, and a Fire/Kin.

Sonic Resonance doesn't lend itself to soloing. 5 of the 9 powers can only be used on allies and other than the T9, the remainder don't do much in the way of damage mitigation. If you get one of those buff pets that follow you around from the P2W vendor, you can cast Disruption Field on it, but good luck keeping it alive.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

12 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Paging @Linea  Guessing they at least have an older saved build version of the one used on one of the early Master of the STF run by RO.   They figured out how to perma-Sonic Cage one of Lord Recluse's Towers, helping to complete the utter stomping the all Support  team gave Lord Recluse:  4 GM Empaths (Dark, Rad, 2×lost to time), Sonic/Sonic, Cold/Arch, another lost to time, and a Fire/Kin.

Caging has been nerfed since then. That build was subsequently retired permanently after the changes.  All indications were they were going to completely change all caging powers and/or remove them, and that things like the new phasing in Gravity?  Was going to be the phasing model going forward.  That never happened so we are left is a hodge podge of powers and implementations, and caging itself is in limbo.

16 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

Thoughts an ideas on how to turn this into a 'Tank God by Any Other name' thoroughly welcome.

You'll have to translate, adjust, and adapt to make it fit Sonic Blast.   I've not used the revampled Sonic Blast, so that part will have to be up to you.

Sonic DP - Beta - [i25].mxd Sonic DP - Emma Mercier 1 - [i25].mxd

Here's an even older one I built for someone else, and it is /Sonic Blast.

Sonic Sonic - TK Alpha 1 - [i25] - Copy.mxd

Edited by Linea
  • Thanks 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.