Meteor/Fire Armor

Thrax

He hit 26 tonight and got the big rock. Super fun of course but still haven’t used it much. Did posi 2. Anyway, the combo is fun. I like the fire plus damage toggle. Took sorcery to fit concept and trying out the team buffs. Seem pretty neat so far. Got burn but haven’t tried it out either. 

just thought I’d share. Super fun set and the rocks setting people on fire is cool

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Underfyre said:

I'd skip Burn because it got neutered (or fixed, depending on your stance). The damage toggle is the weakest of the bunch. Cauterize is great. Throw a Numina proc in it and it basically pays for itself. Largely the set is...alright? I guess?

Burn is where the set gets its immob resistance.

• 2 weeks later
On 11/2/2022 at 10:00 PM, C U R S E said:

This set got revamped like the other AT's and is now a solid choice. 

It still has most of the same major problems on Sentinels that it did before. Burn is still awkward as it requires them to put themselves in melee range, and is still their immob protection. They lose Firey Embrace, which is why Fire tends to competitive with sets that have much better and more dependable protection. Consume is better, but it also still requires a Sentinel to put themselves in basically melee range.

Edited by XaoGarrent

6 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

It still has most of the same major problems on Sentinels that it did before. Burn is still awkward as it requires them to put themselves in melee range, and is still their immob protection. They lose Firey Embrace, which is why Fire tends to competitive with sets that have much better and more dependable protection. Consume is better, but it also still requires a Sentinel to put themselves in basically melee range.

Given that I'm a person that sticks to range as much as possible on sentinels, I agree about burn and consume. I'd prefer if they found a way to fix those powers to be more useful.  However I do like having powers you can skip. The new stone armor set has just one power IMO which isn't necessary to survivability. Fire ends up with far more (burn is unnecessary as I see it) powers which can be skipped which gives more build flexibility (temperature protection is so so, but improved, consume at range is usable, but not great, RotP is often skipped). 

Yes, there's no fiery embrace, but there is molten embrace which I'd argue is better. Fiery embrace gives a good bonus for fiery melee, not so good for everything else. Baseline before enhancement and outside recharge effects is 11% for FM and 4.4% for other sets. With lots of recharge this can get pretty good but only really for FM. Moten embrace is a bit more flexible and consistent. It's always 10% damage bonus, and a fire proc which I can't even vaguely translate from city of data though it has to be something increasing that number. I like ME primarily because it's always on and a toggle.