Buh-Bye Double Gang War party trick?

Crysis

Anyone catch the dev comment on this in the MM changes feedback thread?

Sure it’s situational but if you play /Storm MM’s and proc out with a bunch of FF+Recharge, Burnout and Gangwar both recharge almost every other spawn.  So it’s a pretty cool party trick.

But when it was noticed that Soul Extraction didn’t work with Burnout we were told it’s working as intended.

Thematically it makes sense as even zombies should only have one soul each.  But it makes me wonder if Gang War is going to get the same treatment when the rest of MM sets get their “adjustments.”

*edit to include comment/thread*

Edited by Crysis

• Developer

There's no plans to do that to gang war at this time.

The Souls are individually WAY stronger than Posse members, and already on a pretty quick cooldown. Allowing for duplicates there would make the set a bit *too* good with that in mind, where Gang War needs much heavier investment. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Player-1 said:

There's no plans to do that to gang war at this time.

The Souls are individually WAY stronger than Posse members, and already on a pretty quick cooldown. Allowing for duplicates there would make the set a bit *too* good with that in mind, where Gang War needs much heavier investment. 

Thanks for the reply!

I'm currently running Pylon tests with my Thugs/Storm and my Necro/Storm.  Thus far, I'm not sure double gang war would be any worse/better than double Souls.  But of course that's a stationary target and different attack types.  But I appreciate that you've considered everything "in context" here.

8 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I am ok with this.  plus the extract pets are commandable and stronger than gang war.

I don't think Soul Extraction pets are commandable. They appear in the pet list but run around all willy nilly at whatever is close by. They act the same way as Dark Servant.