Unique characters in the Architect...?

Ultimo

So... a problem I've been having with the Architect is that it keeps spawning multiples of characters that are supposed to be unique.  For example, suppose I create a specific named character who is ranked as a Lieutenant.  There's a good chance he'll appear in several groups of enemies, all over the map.

My suggestion is that there be a way to designate unique characters AS unique, so there can only ever be one of that character on any given map at any given time (ie. he can respawn, but only if he's not already somewhere on the map).

Not sure if that's easy or impossible, but I wanted to put the suggestion out there.

I'm not super familiar with how AE works, but I think there is a way to mark an enemy as a named boss via the objective window, this might solve your problem.

if you can't solve it, then I support this suggestion.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Its only sort of possible.  By making alot of copies of the non unique characters then the spawn is less likely to accidently have 2 of the 'unique' characters.  Using a boss objective with a character from a different enemy group would prevent accidental copies from the main enemy group but only works for bosses or higher,  not minion and Lt.

I don't know if you have tried this or not, but what I do in AE is if I have a character that is unique, I have a group just for them. And that uniques grouping is simply not used by me as a faction in any AE mission. Any faction characters I make go into their respective AE faction grouping I make, and so the uniques in their group are never pulled from in AE unless I set up an occurrence where that character is supposed to be there, such as a specific boss spawn. Even if the unique is supposed to be part of that faction I am using in the mission, the unique is kept in the uniques group and not in the faction group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psyonico said:

I'm not super familiar with how AE works, but I think there is a way to mark an enemy as a named boss via the objective window, this might solve your problem.

Yes you can. Just make a goal to defeat a boss. Then choose your unique boss as the one and then set its placement front middle or back.

1 hour ago, Psyonico said:

I should have commented on this earlier. Apologies. The OP reads like the author is able to get his/her unique character to spawn in a boss objective just fine, but is troubled by having that same unique character spawn in regular spawns as well. The simple solution is to not have that character part of the enemy group (s)he is using for the mission, but instead have that character not in any group or in a specific for objective draw group.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's correct.

For example, I have a head boss called Malephar, Lord of the Brass Men (he's kind of based on Darkseid).  I created a villain group called Brass Men, which includes his minions, called Brass Men), and so far, just one Lieutenant, but a NAMED Lieutenant (based loosely on Brola).  He's supposed to be unique, but not as powerful as his other unique henchmen (who all appear as Bosses, with one Elite Boss).  The problem is that if I put the Brass Men in the mission as the base group, the Lieutenant will spawn in several groups.

I realize I could start separate groups for all the special characters, but I kind of wanted them all in one group.

Also, I have a couple of missions where I have groups of Supervillains patrolling (a couple of the missions are set in Mercy Island, and I wanted to simulate the PC villains that might be wandering around).  To accomplish this, I have a group of supervillains... but all of them are supposed to be unique... and they aren't.  There will frequently be several of Baron Muerte accompanied by several of Armoron, and several of Red Blight... or what have you.  If they were marked as unique, the game could have different characters in each spawn, instead of repeating one or more of them.

11 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

For example, I have a head boss called Malephar, Lord of the Brass Men (he's kind of based on Darkseid).  I created a villain group called Brass Men, which includes his minions, called Brass Men), and so far, just one Lieutenant, but a NAMED Lieutenant (based loosely on Brola).  He's supposed to be unique, but not as powerful as his other unique henchmen (who all appear as Bosses, with one Elite Boss).  The problem is that if I put the Brass Men in the mission as the base group, the Lieutenant will spawn in several groups.

Main group: Brass Men. Unique members: Brassmen or Brass men or Brass Man. (Edit: Just like the game has Red Caps and Redcaps.)

11 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

Also, I have a couple of missions where I have groups of Supervillains patrolling (a couple of the missions are set in Mercy Island, and I wanted to simulate the PC villains that might be wandering around).  To accomplish this, I have a group of supervillains... but all of them are supposed to be unique... and they aren't.  There will frequently be several of Baron Muerte accompanied by several of Armoron, and several of Red Blight... or what have you.  If they were marked as unique, the game could have different characters in each spawn, instead of repeating one or more of them.

Currently unavoidable unless you don't put them in a group and assign them to individual Boss Objective spawns. Using RIP, Arachnos, Snakes, Longbow, Skulls, or Hellions as your map filler group.

I get your desire to be able to flag specific mobs in a group as unique, or at least not available for random draw for map population. It would help me too. If the devs are willing to do so, that would be great. In the interim, all I can say is what I did.

Edited by Rudra

11 hours ago, Rudra said:

Main group: Brass Men. Unique members: Brassmen or Brass men or Brass Man. (Edit: Just like the game has Red Caps and Redcaps.)

Currently unavoidable unless you don't put them in a group and assign them to individual Boss Objective spawns. Using RIP, Arachnos, Snakes, Longbow, Skulls, or Hellions as your map filler group.

I get your desire to be able to flag specific mobs in a group as unique, or at least not available for random draw for map population. It would help me too. If the devs are willing to do so, that would be great. In the interim, all I can say is what I did.

Yep... but that's why I put this in suggestions!