Speed on Demand flight binds

kenlon

I've just come back to CoH again, and it looks like the travel pool changes made during my time away broke my SoD flight binds - I've been using Citybinder for them since before live shut down.

Does anyone know how to fix them so they behave like they used to? (Hover while still, turning hover off and fly on while moving)?

I am also a disciple of Citybinder/Speed On Demand from way back! Nothing has worked as well for me since....
I initially had trouble too, and the fix was making sure the reset bind was looking in the right folder. For me it is  C:\COH (you may have installed them elsewhere.)
So... when you first load into Atlas with a new character put /bindloadfile c:\coh\profile\reset.txt in the chat box and hit enter.
if they get stuck, hit left control+R.
I have mine set up to turn sprint on and off whenever I move or stop as well. The only drawback there, is that many builds recommend the stealth IOs in sprint, so I usually find another spot like hover or mystic flight.
Good luck, and if you need Citybinder, the original SOD or just my files and where to put them let me know... It does work, but I had to look at the .txt files and make sure I dropped them in the correct directory.

Edited by Vulpoid

Huh. I know they're in the right directory and I can load them just fine - the issue is that both Fly and Hover stay turned on at all times after I hit F to turn on flight mode. And since I don't want a) the increased end drain from both being on at the same time and b) hover's pose overriding the one from flight, that's kinda a problem.

(If they weren't getting loaded, then all my other binds in Citybinder - which work fine - would be failing.)

• Thumbs Up 1

So, the problem is that in a semi recent patch, the devs made it so that travel powers are no longer exclusive.  The bind you probably are using relied on hover and fly being exclusive.

Summoning @Linea with their knowledge of press and release binds.

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

The bind you are using assumes that turning Fly on also toggles Hover off.  That is no longer the case. 

You're going to need to add a "$$powexectoggleoff Hover" to your "moving" bind, and a "$$powexectoggleoff Fly" to your "stopped" bind.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

1 hour ago, MistressOhm said:

You're going to need to add a "$$powexectoggleoff Hover" to your "moving" bind, and a "$$powexectoggleoff Fly" to your "stopped" bind.

I've always used Citybinder to generate the binds, which means there are literally hundreds of text files for them. This will be interesting.

They're text files, so you should be able to search for the one you want based on content.  Look for "powexectoggleon Fly" and WinDoze should find the file that contains it.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

On 10/22/2022 at 10:59 PM, MistressOhm said:

They're text files, so you should be able to search for the one you want based on content.  Look for "powexectoggleon Fly" and WinDoze should find the file that contains it.

I know they're text files:

kenlon@DESKTOP:/mnt/c/coh/flight$ grep -ri "powexectoggleon Fly" * | wc -l
kenlon@DESKTOP:/mnt/c/coh/flight$

Like I said, it's going to be interesting figuring out exactly what's going on internally with the Citybinder generated keybind files (and then mangling them appropriately with sed.)

A bit of sed magic later, I have working keybinds again. 

grep -rl "powexecname Fly\$\$powexecname Fly" * | xargs sed -i "s/powexecname Fly\$\$powexecname Fly/powexectoggleoff Hover\$\$powexectoggleon Fly/g"
 grep -rl "powexecname Hover\$\$powexecname Hover" * | xargs sed -i "s/powexecname Hover\$\$powexecname Hover/powexectoggleoff Fly\$\$powexectoggleon Hover/g"

Now the question is, I suppose, do I fix Citybinder for others to use, or just modify my own keybinds when I edit them?

I'm not sure who is running/writing/updating CityBinder, but I'd contact them with your changes, and they may incorporate into an updated release. 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

14 hours ago, kenlon said:

Now the question is, I suppose, do I fix Citybinder for others to use, or just modify my own keybinds when I edit them?

The program will need to be updated by someone.

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

On 10/25/2022 at 12:21 AM, MistressOhm said:

I'm not sure who is running/writing/updating CityBinder, but I'd contact them with your changes, and they may incorporate into an updated release. 

Because I'm lazy and don't want to do it myself, I did post in the Citybinder for Homecoming thread in case Tailcoat is still watching it. From looking at the source, it's just a fix to speedondemand.lua, I think, since it appears all the logic for what goes into the binds is contained there. It's not exactly the epitome of self-documenting code.