Fire Armor: Burn Question

BrandX

On my Ice/Fire Brute I have Burn slotted with 5 Armegeddon and 1 DMG Proc.

I have Frozen Aura slotted with 6 Superior Unrelenting Fury.

With the changes to Burn, are the procs still worth having in Burn, or should I switch these two sets around?

23 hours ago, BrandX said:

On my Ice/Fire Brute I have Burn slotted with 5 Armegeddon and 1 DMG Proc.

I have Frozen Aura slotted with 6 Superior Unrelenting Fury.

With the changes to Burn, are the procs still worth having in Burn, or should I switch these two sets around?

I encourage you to read threads related to procs.  Commonly, farmers load more procs into burn which due to the changes has limited more their chances to fire off, however, they still do and still maintain effectivity for the power to still be, even for your combinations of secondary/primary powers, your best single chain activation damage power(if you take MU patron though ball/fences may be higher on activation potentially).  Also many builds put the -res proc in it too so that it gains some ultility. Its still a difference of a (as an semi arbitrary example)200 dam activation vs a 400 dam activation.

Some farmer's frustrations with the change to burn were not just in its effectivity for damage against multiple targets but as a single target filler(due to its endurance cost low and the ability to activate procs/patches  multiple times.

Similar could be considered with Frozen aura adding procs(though not necessarily) though burn still does more damage of course.   Your biggest challenge as I see it is getting good recharge with that set combo to fire off stuff more often if you want theory craft better damage.   You could switch for example(as Im assuming) from using the best aoe patron(mu) to another patron set with abilities you can use to set off FF procs for more recharge(Mace mastery would give you 2 ff's for example and depending on the build from there a 300-350%+ recharge), but I doubt it would equate to your combo having much more of a significant increase to damage in 1 to 2 minutes of an attack chain vs say a 150% but with mu aoes.   

A well proc'd ff activation attack chain with the 2 in mace mastery at a 350% recharge(with your other powers in IO slotted), could get you a burn at just under 6 sec recharge and your frozen aura recharging at 4s as examples.  Would your current build(in theory) then benefit from that recharge(again on perfect procing situations) OR would it equate to a dps loss for you from your current build if you subtracted your current patron/epic choice considerations of damage in a 1 minute's worth of time in an attack chain(s)?