Fire/fire alpha

Voltedge

3 hours ago, Voltedge said:

This is my first defender at 50 (Thermal Rad/Fire) and I'm at an absolute loss as to what to slot for alpha. Typically I have some idea of where I want to go, but I'm really in the dark on this one. Anyone have any ideas?

Musculature Radial

EndMod helps not only Stamina but Heat Exhaustion and Power of the Phoenix.  Defense Debuff helps Melt Armor.  The +To-Hit helps all your To-Hit powers, if you took any (Tactics, Aim, Forge)

Then of course you get the +Damage.  Which is what your secondary is all about! 

3 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

Musculature radial enhances - to hit debuffs so i don't see it helping out tactics/aim/forge unless i'm missing something.

My bad.  You're correct.  I messed that one up.  It's my most popular choice of an Alpha too.  I feel bad on that one. 

However, not being able to use that one aspect doesn't make it a bad choice.  All the other stuff that goes with it, makes it a good choice.

I'd normally recommend vigor for acc/end/heal on thermals but i've never played it on a fender and with no build to look at i wouldn't know if endurance is an issue. As i like to take clarion on support toons ageless is out so i look for other ways to help with the end heavy blue bar draining powers and i know that fire is one of those. Musculature radial does have some end mod but its such a small amount i don't notice it. Other than that its definitely one of my goto alpha's for about 80% of my alts.

3 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

I'd normally recommend vigor for acc/end/heal on thermals but i've never played it on a fender and with no build to look at i wouldn't know if endurance is an issue. As i like to take clarion on support toons ageless is out so i look for other ways to help with the end heavy blue bar draining powers and i know that fire is one of those. Musculature radial does have some end mod but its such a small amount i don't notice it. Other than that its definitely one of my goto alpha's for about 80% of my alts.

Well, the Endmod would also enhance Heat Exhaustion's -Recovery and Melt Armor's -Defense.  Rise of Phoenix would give the rezzed more Endurance AND give it some more damage 🙂

Also, being Fire Blast, I'd feel part of the idea is doing more damage (tho Fire/Fire could be theme too)

You might consider Cardiac, which would buff end reduction, damage resistance and range, or Resilient, which would buff damage resistance and tohit buffs. Alternatively, you could go Spiritual for recharge and heal or Vigor for heal, accuracy and end reduction.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

34 minutes ago, Uun said:

You might consider Cardiac, which would buff end reduction, damage resistance and range, or Resilient, which would buff damage resistance and tohit buffs. Alternatively, you could go Spiritual for recharge and heal or Vigor for heal, accuracy and end reduction.

I was thinking Spiritual, but the thought of it ruining proc damage made me not suggest it or Agility, but now that it dawns on me, Fire Blast doesn't have much in the way of proc options...Spiritual (Either or depending on if you want those side benefits - I personally like them) or Agility Radial (Recharge + END MOD)