Halloween Event - Halloween Window Decorations

slamya69

Happy Halloween to everyone!

It may be my imagination, but it seems like there are a lot less buildings with Halloween decorations in the windows this year. Not sure why that changed. I (and many others) love the window decorations. It's a huge part of what gives the game a Halloween atmosphere when you're running around trick or treating.

Can something be done about this? 🙂

Thanks!

Stephen

• Like 1

Oh hye yeah, I haven't seen those anywhere this year.  Was I just blind?  And weren't the last 2 weeks supposed to be all-nighttime-all-the-time?

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I dont think they are manually placing decorations.  Turning on the halloween event should swap over to the decorated buildings.  Wanting more decoration is fine,  but i think its the same amount as previous years.

I could be wrong though. If they have to swap out building IDs or something else that is manual,  then its possible that some were missed.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

I was going to say that the Halloween decorations are there in Croatoa, but I'm not seeing the ghost window the universities normally have. Even during the eternal night phase.

I've been in Croatoa multiple times at night, and haven't seen any decos there.

They did add new monsters that come out of the buildings while ToT. Maybe the coding got inadvertently changed somehow that is causing the shortage of window decos. Just spit-balling here of course. 🙂

Edited by slamya69

13 hours ago, TheZag said:

I dont think they are manually placing decorations.  Turning on the halloween event should swap over to the decorated buildings.  Wanting more decoration is fine,  but i think its the same amount as previous years.

I could be wrong though. If they have to swap out building IDs or something else that is manual,  then its possible that some were missed.

I didn't see any in PI which I distinctly checked whilst doing some GM scouting for the league.  Really disappointed about this! 

Yeah, it's still small potatoes, but these were some of my favorite potatoes...

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Really Devs, how to you make Halloween worse?!  Next I suppose Baby New Years' going to look like Baby Huey or something too.

Go have fun!

5 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Really Devs, how to you make Halloween worse?!  Next I suppose Baby New Years' going to look like Baby Huey or something too.

It's not the first time that a change to an event broke part of the event. Things of this nature happened relatively often when the Live devs tweaked and added to events too. So give the devs a break. We all know how bad the game's code is.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct smi-colon to apostrophe.

If they broke something, I could bear that, but they haven't said what happened here, afaik.  Did they say so somewhere?

Go have fun!

I’m pretty sure they didn’t have the Halloween windows last year either. I too missed them but not enough to say anything.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

44 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

I’m pretty sure they didn’t have the Halloween windows last year either. I too missed them but not enough to say anything.

I seem to remember seeing them last year, or I would have said something then. 🙂

I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get it corrected. Hopefully the Devs will respond with some insight.