Goldrunners!

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

putting this here because there doesn't seem to be a board for "Events and Teaming" or similar, but I'm wondering if anyone fancies starting a mission team in Praetoria and running from 1 to 50 via the Imperial or Resistance arcs.

I'd probably do this on Reunion, and in UK/EU evening times so from say 7pm BST (6pm UTC) or 8pm ECT. I guess day(s) of the week would be dependent on the response but if you're into the idea, please sign up below and it'd be very helpful to include your @Global so I can find you in game.

Also feel free to discuss which side you have most interest in running, Grey or Gold. (I'm partial to gold side, I thought that was an unexplored aspect of the story and formed an SG based on loyalists, the Praetorian Imperial Secret Service. "In Praetoria the Piss Takes You!")

I've added a poll to reflect available paths. Feel free to flesh out your thinking once you've voted.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

If I remember correctly there's two paths, Loyalist and Resistance, but they split again into a more extreme path for both factions. So path 2 is the more extreme option. And yes, Grey is Resistance

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

If I remember correctly there's two paths, Loyalist and Resistance, but they split again into a more extreme path for both factions. So path 2 is the more extreme option. And yes, Grey is Resistance

Okay, umm..  so it sounds as if you yourself do not know which one is which for certain.  So perhaps label them more clearly?  Loyalist Extreme, Loyalist Normal...  etc....

My group used to call them Loyalist, Royalist, Resistance, Nhilistic.

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.

Okay, umm..  so it sounds as if you yourself do not know which one is which for certain.  So perhaps label them more clearly?  Loyalist Extreme, Loyalist Normal...  etc....

They were Loyalist Responsibility (protecting the people while being loyal to Cole), Loyalist Power (support Cole while working to acquire more personal power), Resistance Warden (opposing Cole, but with as few human costs as possible) and Resistance Crusader (opposing Cole, whatever it takes, including human costs).

They were Loyalist Responsibility ....<snip>
Yah.  No help.  Not the question I asked.

In his poll they are labled as grey, gold, one, two.  But without any explanation of which one is responsible, loyal, crusader or what have you.  If I wanted to run a particular story arc with him, I don’t know which one to vote for because his labels are without any definition. 

They were Loyalist Responsibility (protecting the people while being loyal to Cole), Loyalist Power (support Cole while working to acquire more personal power), Resistance Warden (opposing Cole, but with as few human costs as possible) and Resistance Crusader (opposing Cole, whatever it takes, including human costs).

thanks for clearing that one up

They were Loyalist Responsibility ....<snip>
Yah.  No help.  Not the question I asked.

In his poll they are labled as grey, gold, one, two.  But without any explanation of which one is responsible, loyal, crusader or what have you.  If I wanted to run a particular story arc with him, I don’t know which one to vote for because his labels are without any definition.

Fixt

Fixt

Thanx!

Voting Nao

Though I will add that I’ve made one of each “faction” and plan on going through it all again once I’ve finished recapturing the glory days of Blue and Red.  Which ever faction things fall out to be, I’ll be happy. 

And, I can’t recall if it’s true, but my memory is nagging me.  You *have* to do the tutorial in order to get some missions.  Something about not getting secret subversion phone calls that changed the missions while on a regular mission.

Fixt

Thanx!

Voting Nao

Though I will add that I’ve made one of each “faction” and plan on going through it all again once I’ve finished recapturing the glory days of Blue and Red.  Which ever faction things fall out to be, I’ll be happy. 

And, I can’t recall if it’s true, but my memory is nagging me.  You *have* to do the tutorial in order to get some missions.  Something about not getting secret subversion phone calls that changed the missions while on a regular mission.

I've not heard this before, I don't know if anyone can confirm it?

I propose we run our first one this Saturday 15th, at 7pm BST (11am Pacific, 8pm CET) - let's do the training mish together, brand new characters and run the content as it feeds us in. Once we've got to Paragon, we can make new characters and follow a different quest line if we find it works, or continue on to 50, depending on how we feel.

I've done one toon on each of the factions with the idea of completing the arcs since Homecoming went live. I like the Loyalist missions better, mostly because I don't like the underground maps where Resistance members spend more time and the city zones are so good looking. There's no "good" side in any arc, though technically the Resistance is probably closer to heroic most of the time.

I've also done a 1 - 45 toon without leaving Praetoria; a Demon/Sonic MM. They only reason that character made it to 45 was I did most of the leveling on a double XP weekend. You do eventually run out of content and need a fresh supply of Under-20s to do their missions in order to advance.

... unless you're talking about hitting the First Ward/Night Ward after finishing the Gold storyline, which I keep forgetting are things that exist.

Also note for badge hunters there are badges for completing all missions for all factions. I just ran one character through as a deep cover Resistance Warden. Some of the undercover missions give an interesting nuance to the story.

Great point Apogee.

Ok, The Rifleman is waiting by the T4V vendor in the Precinct 5 training mission, ready for you. I'd strongly advise you picking up the things you want from T4V before we start but I might also suggest not taking experience boosters. We're content running after all and we want to get as much as we can.

Be advised that if you do intend to get the badges as you level up you will need to turn off XP gain at level 10 (max level for Nova missions), level 15 (max level for Imperial City missions) and level 20 (max level for Neutropolis missions) or you will out level the contacts.

The badges are gained for completing each of the 4 arcs, completing all arc mission in each of the three zones, and for successfully escaping Praetoria (mission to go to Paragon or Rogue Isles). I could not find info on the badges on Paragon Wiki.  AFAIK you cannot use Ouroboros to come back and do the story arcs, unless I25 changed things.