Ninjas/Trick Arrow

DoctorBips

Ninja/Trick Arrow I just started since Page 5 has been out a while.

It's focus isn't on capped pets or personal defenses, though they are damn hard to kill.  Mainly it's chasing +Recharge to let you throw Oil Slick and EMP more often.

Since the Page 5 changes, I've been using the personal attacks a lot more.  When all 3 powers trigger your pets get 9% free crit chance.  This is on top of the other pet buff and the guaranteed Smoke Bomb.

Flash Arrow to start, then Poison Gas the group.  At this point you should draw some fire and pets will engage.  Oil Slick the group and start in with Acid Arrows; the Acid proc and your Oni will light your Oil Slick pretty reliably.

Usually nothing lives very long once the fire starts.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Yamakagashi: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Ninjas
Secondary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Field Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Call Genin -- SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(3), SprMarofS-Dmg(3), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(5), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(7)
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- ToHitDeb-I(A), ToHitDeb-I(43)
Level 2: Snap Shot -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(40), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 4: Aimed Shot -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(9), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(9), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Apc-Dam%(11), EndRdx-I(40)
Level 6: Train Ninjas -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(7)
Level 8: Fistful of Arrows -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(43), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Rgn-Knock%(45), EndRdx-I(45)
Level 10: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 12: Call Jounin -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Endo(13), HO:Perox(13), HO:Perox(15), EdcoftheM-PetDef(15), EndRdx-I(17)
Level 14: Infiltration -- Lnch-+Special(A)
Level 16: Poison Gas Arrow -- FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(A), FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(17), FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(37), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(50), FrtHyp-Plct%(50), CaloftheS-Heal%(50)
Level 18: Smoke Flash -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19), EndRdx-I(19), EndRdx-I(48)
Level 20: Acid Arrow -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(21), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(21), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(34), PstBls-Dam%(37), Acc-I(37)
Level 22: Oni -- HO:Endo(A), HO:Nucle(23), HO:Perox(23), HO:Perox(25), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(25), EndRdx-I(27)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Kuji In Zen -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(27)
Level 28: Oil Slick Arrow -- Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(29), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(29), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(31), Bmbdmt-Dam(31), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(31)
Level 30: EMP Arrow -- UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(A), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(33), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(33), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(33), UnbCns-Dam%(34), EndRdx-I(34)
Level 32: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 35: Temp Invulnerability -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-ResDam(36), GldArm-3defTpProc(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36)
Level 38: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(39), Mrc-Rcvry+(39)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(39), EndMod-I(48)
Level 1: Genin 
Level 12: Jounin 
Level 22: Oni 
Level 32: Double Jump 
------------

1 hour ago, evetsleep said:

Something to consider.  Some mobs resist -tohit (only half of flash arrow is unresistable).  If you cast poison gas first, then flash arrow it should make them resist -tohit by a lot less.

Played a TA defender and it didn't matter which was vast first the boosted effect will be applied either way.

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

3 hours ago, Harakh said:

Played a TA defender and it didn't matter which was vast first the boosted effect will be applied either way.

Really!  Neeto.  I didn't know.  Thanks for that. Helps minimize the alpha by starting with Flash Arrow.  I thought the reverse power boost needed to be applied to improve the -tohit for those that resisted it.

Edited by evetsleep

Was thinking about Ice Arrow, as it’s a heavy hitter when procced.  But it’s damage seems less than the pets increased Crit from Snap, Aimed, and Fistful.

TA Masterminds seem odd in that regard.  On every other TA I’d never skip it, but on a MM with a tight attack rotation you can make the case to drop it.

25 minutes ago, SableShrike said:

Was thinking about Ice Arrow, as it’s a heavy hitter when procced.  But it’s damage seems less than the pets increased Crit from Snap, Aimed, and Fistful.

Jam in a proc'd out Ice Arrow if you can. The crit buffs from Snap, Aimed and Fistful lasts for 30 seconds. That leaves a lot of wiggle room for other powers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SableShrike said:

TA Masterminds seem odd in that regard.  On every other TA I’d never skip it, but on a MM with a tight attack rotation you can make the case to drop it.

Remember Ice Arrow does a lot of nasty things.  Yes procced out it can do respectable damage, but the debuffs are quite nasty.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Personally, with my ninja/TA I took Heat Mastery and took Bonfire.  When you add a Knockback/knockdown proc in it, it is amazing especially when you add a damage IO set.  I alternate between that and the oil slick/fireball when attacking groups.