What is vectored knockdown versus normal knockdown?

KaizenSoze

14 minutes ago, MistressOhm said:

For most powers with knock effects, it doesn't change much.  The vector is through the caster, to the point of impact, and whatever gets hit gets ragdolled along that line.  But, if memory serves, knockback was always in the XY plane only (horizontal), so even if you were overhead and slightly to the side of a spawn, a cone attack's knockback would behave as if you hit them 'on the level' and they'd go flying sideways.   Now, your XYZ positioning in space has an effect on what direction spawns get launched.  Hover over a group and launch Energy Torrent, and they get slammed DOWN, not so much AWAY.  

For ranged AOE's (not cones but explosive effects) the vector is calculated from where the AoE goes off, and instead of slamming everything away from the caster (previous model), now they blow targets away from where the grenade or energy ball or bucket of water impacted.  Granted most of these have a central target as the aim point, and that spawn might get yeeted in random ways, but theoretically since they're the source point of the knock, as well as affected by it, they should either go straight up, or get knocked down.

I have been lazily slotting KB to KD forever.  But I want to say an Energy Blaster hover blasting from above plants the mobs on the floor rather than squirts them to the side.  I think all KB cones do that.  Same with wall.  Knock to wall, ragdoll fall