A few power animation suggestions

WumpusRat

A few things I'd love to see:

1) Actual "no fx" for the various patron shields. The "minimum fx" are still pretty blatant, and no amount of fiddling will get rid of the glowing aura around you.

2) An alternate animation for Aid Other/Self, that doesn't use the tricorder, but rather just waving your hands and healing. Could even be the exact same animation, just without the actual device. It would open up the Medicine pool to a lot more concepts, without needing to sacrifice aesthetics.

3) Some of the powersets that have "weapons" (fire sword, stone mallet, etc) have alternate animations that don't use the weapon, and/or the powers that don't have an option to use them (where appropriate of course), for more cohesive themes.

4) Some of the weapon animations that have the character leaping into the air and coming down with the weapon having an option to just make a large swing, without the acrobatics. Would fit certain characters better.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

4) Some of the weapon animations that have the character leaping into the air and coming down with the weapon having an option to just make a large swing, without the acrobatics. Would fit certain characters better.

And an alternate animation from one of the other weapon PBAoE attacks to replace the break-dancing Eye of the Storm animation. Or just run the first part of the existing animation (before you drop onto your back) twice.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

1) Actual "no fx" for the various patron shields. The "minimum fx" are still pretty blatant, and no amount of fiddling will get rid of the glowing aura around you.

Definitely!

I like all the proposals, and item 3 has been asked for before, but definitely item 1 please.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later

Hey guys these are all great suggestions,  and I would also love more animation choices to spice things up. If you look at some of my older posts I discover how to override some animations and replace them with others. These overrides are client side only, but they do look amazing when done properly. Travel power seem the easiest to change then melee abilities require matching of cast times. I never figured out how to switch ranged attack animations, but i'm sure it's possible. 

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?