The Trilogy of Moderate Evil

Kyksie

Hey everyone, Kyksie here. As most of you noticed I stopped reviewing arcs a year ago, mostly because there are only about three people who make non-farm arcs nowadays and only about a dozen people who play them. And the three who make them invariably make excellent arcs, which is great for players but not so great for reviewers. I mean for @Cranebump, @Ankylosaur and @Darmian I could simply write "It's great" for each and every review, which gets boring. Also @Terroirnoir seems to have not only taken over the review biz, but is actually putting in more effort than I ever did, so it works out.

But, good news: I've finally dug up the trilogy of arcs that started it all, back in '09 or so. Written back when people actually played as villains, the award-winning* Trilogy of Moderate Evil casts the player as a Destined One who has reached the top of the Rogue Isles food chain, and is now working directly for Lord Recluse.

A level of at least 40 is recommended, 50 being ideal.

Contain a bit of mildly risque subject matter.

Breaks the 'Ocelot Rule' in many places.

No defeat alls, feel free to stealth past trash mobs to the objectives.

All archvillains will scale down to EBs, bosses down to lts.

Two Chicks at Once #53229

Working for Lord Recluse, you discover Longbow has launched a cunning and titillating plot to undermine the Rogue Isles. With your help, Arachnos will strike back in kind.

Contains a custom group who should be only mildly challenging.

Contains two archvillains, but you'll have AV allies.

The ending souvenir refers to some of my friends from the Live server.

Curiouser and Curiouser #53230

How can Lord Recluse's latest plot be so secret even he doesn't know about it? How do Longbow and Malta fit in, and who invited Nemesis?

In missions 1, 2, and 4, an AV/EB will spawn after completing some objectives. They are not required, but give an extra clue.

Has some naughty subject matter, but nothing worse than you might find on late night cable.

The arc's Dark Secret is revealed in the mission souvenir. If you've played a lot of arcs, make sure you have less than 75 souvenirs or you won't recieve any more.

Cat: It's What's For Dinner #53231

Such a simple plan... steal the Orestes Rifle, kidnap Ms. Liberty, defeat Statesman. What could possibly go wrong?

This is a parody of the LRSF.

The last mission has an Easter Egg. I won't explain it. You either get it or you don't.

In the first mission, you do NOT need to fight the Titan. The entrance is near it.

The final mission has a choice of two possible endings! One requires you to beat a tough AV/EB, the other does not.

*In my mind at least.

Edited by Kyksie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kyksie said:

Hey everyone, Kyksie here. As most of you noticed I stopped reviewing arcs a year ago, mostly because there are only about three people who make non-farm arcs nowadays and only about a dozen people who play them. And the three who make them invariably make excellent arcs, which is great for players but not so great for reviewers. I mean for @Cranebump, @Ankylosaur and @Darmian I could simply write "It's great" for each and every review, which gets boring. Also @Terroirnoir seems to have not only taken over the review biz, but is actually putting in more effort than I ever did, so it works out.

But, good news: I've finally dug up the trilogy of arcs that started it all, back in '09 or so. Written back when people actually played as villains, the award-winning* Trilogy of Moderate Evil casts the player as a Destined One who has reached the top of the Rogue Isles food chain, and is now working directly for Lord Recluse.

A level of at least 40 is recommended, 50 being ideal.

Contain a bit of mildly risque humor.

No defeat alls, feel free to stealth past trash mobs to the objectives.

All archvillains will scale down to EBs, bosses down to lts.

Two Chicks at Once #53229

Working for Lord Recluse, you discover Longbow has launched a cunning and titillating plot to undermine the Rogue Isles. With your help, Arachnos will strike back in kind.

Contains a custom group who should be only mildly challenging.

Contains two archvillains, but you'll have AV allies.

The ending souvenir refers to some of my friends from the Live server.

Curiouser and Curiouser #53230

How can Lord Recluse's latest plot be so secret even he doesn't know about it? How do Longbow and Malta fit in, and who invited Nemesis?

In missions 1, 2, and 4, an AV/EB will spawn after completing some objectives. They are not required, but give an extra clue.

Has some naughty subject matter, but nothing worse than you might find on late night cable.

The arc's Dark Secret is revealed in the mission souvenir. If you've played a lot of arcs, make sure you have less than 75 souvenirs or you won't recieve any more.

Cat: It's What's For Dinner #53231

Such a simple plan... steal the Orestes Rifle, kidnap Ms. Liberty, defeat Statesman. What could possibly go wrong?

This is a parody of the LRSF.

In the first mission, you do NOT need to fight the Titan. The entrance is near it.

The final mission has a choice of two possible endings! One requires you to beat a tough AV/EB, the other does not.

*In my mind at least.

I'll add them to my list, which as you can tell is damn long but I'm getting there.  Thanks for the shout out, though yourself and @cranebump did better "pure" reviews than me!  I meant to do "proper" reviews, but they turned into "Engineria's Adventures in AE Land", kinda.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kyksie said:

Written back when people actually played as villains, the award-winning* Trilogy of Moderate Evil casts the player as a Destined One who has reached the top of the Rogue Isles food chain, and is now working directly for Lord Recluse.

Working for Recluse?  Pfeh!  My villain kicked that eight-legged arachnofetishist's butt (in an alternate timeline)!  He doesn't work for Recluse!  The two of them have merely reached an "understanding."

Seriously, though, I'll have to check these out (and your reviews were great, BTW).

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds like a job for the KR Devil! (That’s as close to moderately evil that I have):-)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.