Grateful for the community and a funny story

Monty Haull

So, for the past few months I have been playing Monty Haull on Excelsior.  I ogger people a chance to win some money and have some fun in the process.  I am very grateful to all the positive responses and compliments I have received. THANK YOU!  I am also surprised on how often I receive donations from other players.  We have a great community and it is a pleasure to be part of it.

I wanted to share a funny adventure that happened last night.  There was a break in the flow of player so, I decided to go visit Recluse's Victory.  Why?  I have no idea.  So, here I am walking through RV and I come across 3 heroes doing their thing, when I come up and say "Hey, come on down, you are our next contestant!".  I can only image their reaction to being, on alert for Villain players, taking out a pillbox with, some strange player asking if the want to play a game. 😄 I think they were confused for a moment.  Sure enough they took pause and each took their turn.  2 won, 1 lost.  

Again, thanks for the great community!  

PS Monty is available for weddings, bar mitzvahs and other special events.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Up 4

Monty and Captain Canada are both true boosters on Excelsior.  Monty runs the game show so its a fun distraction and to be honest, wants you to win because he often gives you second, third and fifth chances if you are also having fun.  I watch the people play his game and some are chatty and get it while others know what's up and just play along for the cash and Monty, well he just drives on, no judgement; a true game show host.

Captain Canada is a drive by donations guy in the Canadian-color theme suit not Santa) and a million from him on a starter character even if you have alts you can transfer from makes a difference.  He doesn't care if your character is alt number sixty, I've flat out said to him, hey its cool man I have other alts and he was like "I don't care I give to everyone".  There is a story with him and his old Super Group which is a little sad but I will leave that to him to tell.

Boosters come in all forms in and out of game and those different flavors are why I still love playing CoH because a bad day in Paragon City is still a good day anywhere else.

Edited by High_Beam
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I've run across both Monty and Captain Canada, yeah, they're A+ in my book.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Dude, you gave me a million bucks just for finding you. It was a fun quick adventure. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.