Magisterium Trial Question

Astralock

I know that a second Tyrant (“Lil’ Tyrant”) often spawns at the start of the Magisterium trial in front of the Emperor Cole statue.  I know that the trial can fail if you defeat big Tyrant too quickly.

What I don’t know is this: What happens if you defeat Chimera before Nega-Pendragon and Shadow Hunter?

I have heard whispers and rumors of Magisterium trials failing as a result of defeating Chimera first, but not how.

56 minutes ago, Astralock said:

What I don’t know is this: What happens if you defeat Chimera before Nega-Pendragon and Shadow Hunter?

AFAIK, the game's supposed to start planting invisible proximity mines that mimic the Director 11 mechanic from Tin Mage (just as defeating Negaduck being defeated is supposed to add Battle Maiden fire to the fight, and Shadowhunter adding BAF, rings though I don't think I've ever actually seen either of those happen, so Chimy might be broken in the same way?).

I have seen the Battle Maiden blue fire rings, but never noticed BAF sequester rings.

But the blue fire is usually few and far between even when it is present and I've never personally observed anyone dying from them.

Sequester rings might have a really long CD, or get overwritten by Nega's death effect? Just guessing here.

But the blue fire is a thing for sure.

Don't recall ever seeing any of these, but here's what the wiki says is supposed to happen:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Magisterium_Trial#Phase_2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

10 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

But the blue fire is usually few and far between even when it is present and I've never personally observed anyone dying from them.

I have.  I led a Magisterium trial last week where two thirds of the league were Tankers and Brutes.  Despite warnings, quite a few were tanklocked and stayed in the blue, dying as a result. 😀