Dark Melee / Invulnerability

Rhumor

Can anyone help me out with  a current build for a DM/Invul brute that uses both sorcery and mystic flight?

I've been away from the game for a very long time and there are a lot of changes I haven't wrapped my head around yet.  Thematically, I'm going for a character who would draw his power from an "Other" world entity, similar to a Warlock in D&D.

Although I do not see much use for Mystic Flight unless you love that little TP which is situationally useful to a Brute or a Tank maybe on e every thousand hours of gaming.  Flight with the boost speed gets you through TFs faster by getting across zones.  Now that Rune of Protection is immune to recharge it is also less valuable to go for, and with a well built high recharge (Dull Pain) also not really attractive.   But my builds have fly, which you can sub out for mystic flight if that lights up your wizard hat

Mystic Flight was really just to fit a theme so I could have both flight and a teleport to pop instantly into a group of villains and start laying waste.  It's not a deal breaker though.  I found one of the builds you posted.  Thank you both for your replies.

16 hours ago, Snarky said:

Although I do not see much use for Mystic Flight unless you love that little TP which is situationally useful to a Brute or a Tank maybe on e every thousand hours of gaming.  Flight with the boost speed gets you through TFs faster by getting across zones.  Now that Rune of Protection is immune to recharge it is also less valuable to go for, and with a well built high recharge (Dull Pain) also not really attractive.   But my builds have fly, which you can sub out for mystic flight if that lights up your wizard hat

Mystic Flight is, to my way of looking at things, the near perfect travel power. You get flight, which is the lazy man's travel power, and you get TP, which allows you to get around quickly when you want to in terms of zone travel and cheat past things in missions.

3 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Mystic Flight is, to my way of looking at things, the near perfect travel power. You get flight, which is the lazy man's travel power, and you get TP, which allows you to get around quickly when you want to in terms of zone travel and cheat past things in missions.

That TP is faster crossing zones than the boost that comes with Flight?!?   And on a Invul Brute I honestly just wander past anything I want to ignore including  AVs   Screw them if I dont wanna play they can follow or w/e until I am where I want to be

36 minutes ago, Snarky said:

That TP is faster crossing zones than the boost that comes with Flight?!?   And on a Invul Brute I honestly just wander past anything I want to ignore including  AVs   Screw them if I dont wanna play they can follow or w/e until I am where I want to be

Historically Teleport was the fastest travel power. City of Data suggests that with minorly longer cast time (0.07s) the Mystic Flight's teleport is the same as the original power--both of which are at roughly double the rate of displacement as Fly from what I can find. So even with the boost (50%) Fly should come in behind unmodified Teleport.

The tradeoff has always been you could go to the kitchen while flying while teleport required constant interaction and cost notably more endurance (less of a problem once you're improved your recovery).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Historically Teleport was the fastest travel power. City of Data suggests that with minorly longer cast time (0.07s) the Mystic Flight's teleport is the same as the original power--both of which are at roughly double the rate of displacement as Fly from what I can find. So even with the boost (50%) Fly should come in behind unmodified Teleport.

The tradeoff has always been you could go to the kitchen while flying while teleport required constant interaction and cost notably more endurance (less of a problem once you're improved your recovery).

I am just soooo lazy lol.  Invulnerability Brute after all lulz