Exploration Badge needed For 2 Accolades is in a unreachable location [SOLVED]

Mystoc

like I cant use temp fly because its a PVP zone I use Super Speed to travel how do I get to the triumphant badge?

This made sense back in the day because you could 100% use temp fly in pvp zones, now that its been changed that you cant on homecoming please pick a different badge for this accolade requirement that can be reached without the need of a travel power, or even just move the badge to be under the globe instead of on top of it either way works

lots characters either just have super speed or even use the ninja run sprint combo to travel forcing characters to speced a certain way to get an accolade seems extreme to me thoughts?

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Triumphant_Badge

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Born_in_Battle_Badge

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Megalomaniac_Badge

EDIT: A solution has been found I will leave my post up for any others who encounter this issue

Go to the Pocket D arena and talk to the arena store NPC he sells travel powers that can be used in PVP zones with limited use time but it should be long enough to get this badge!

image.thumb.png.10ebf54f75dd1839aa6ad6ac23ebbf47.png

Edited by Mystoc

a) you're never forced to care about accolades. 90% of my characters have ZERO accolades. Really. It's Okay. They'll live.

b) you can always team up with a teleporter who has Recall Friend.  It's also okay to not do everything 100% solo.'

EDIT:  okay that came off far ruder than intended. My apologies. But there are non-dev solutions to this.

Edited by MTeague
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, MTeague said:

a) you're never forced to care about accolades. 90% of my characters have ZERO accolades. Really. It's Okay. They'll live.

b) you can always team up with a teleporter who has Recall Friend.  It's also okay to not do everything 100% solo.

its auto accolade with no cooldown that gives a constant buff to HP and endurance many builds are endurance starved, this is not just a random exploration badge I cant get its needed for a very important power boost so yeah I care about getting it

I know there are work arounds the point is that accolades should be able to be earned by your own accomplishments and your own effort that went into earning them. If a solution is well just get someone else with a power to do it for you that undermines the whole point of badges they are meant to be a thing your are proud to of earned on your own or helped your team earn not something someone else is required to do for you.

Badges should always be possible to get even if they are hard to get take time and effort to do/grind out they should not be impossible to get because of a character build.

Edited by Mystoc

• Mystoc changed the title to Exploration Badge Needed For Born in Battle/Megalomaniac in unreachable area

Buy the Jaunt Initializer power from the merchant in Siren's Call.  It's PvP-only Teleport with 5 uses for 10,000 inf*.  Then go to Warburg and use that to TP to the badge.  That's how I did it.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• Mystoc changed the title to Exploration Badge needed For 2 Accolades is in a unreachable location
7 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Buy the Jaunt Initializer power from the merchant in Siren's Call.  It's PvP-only Teleport with 5 uses for 10,000 inf*.  Then go to Warburg and use that to TP to the badge.  That's how I did it.

that is a good solution I will do that thanks for the help

but if you can buy temp travel powers and use them in pvp zones then why disable temp fly? they are both temp travel powers that can be purchased with influence the disabling of one and then just allowing another makes no sense.

I really wish this solution was just available at the P2W vendor very few people pvp and even know this vendor exists at all I didn't till just this moment.

2 minutes ago, Mystoc said:

but if you can buy temp travel powers and use them in pvp zones then why disable temp fly?

Leveling the playing field.  If Player A comes into a PvP zone loaded with several million inf* worth of temp powers and Player B has none, it's not an even fight.  With zone-only powers, there's an assurance of parity in what's available to each player.  There's no guarantee that both players will purchase the temp powers offered in PvP zones, but at least the player who doesn't isn't at a massive disadvantage.

10 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Leveling the playing field.  If Player A comes into a PvP zone loaded with several million inf* worth of temp powers and Player B has none, it's not an even fight.  With zone-only powers, there's an assurance of parity in what's available to each player.  There's no guarantee that both players will purchase the temp powers offered in PvP zones, but at least the player who doesn't isn't at a massive disadvantage.

that is a non reason someone with enhancements and IO set bonuses will have advantage in fight and that can cost 100s millions Influence to get, someone with more money will always have the advantage, buying temp powers are chump change comapred to a fully IOed PvP char

I don't mind if  temp travel powers are disabled in pvp just be consistent about it is my point, if it was a temp travel power that could only be earned through pvp and not influence I could see your point

I do appreciate you helped me I will edit my post soon to include the method to get the badge so others can find this if they search for way to get this badge in the future

Edited by Mystoc

• Mystoc changed the title to Exploration Badge needed For 2 Accolades is in a unreachable location [SOLVED]
21 minutes ago, Mystoc said:

that is a non reason someone with enhancements and IO set bonuses will have advantage in fight and that can cost 100s millions Influence to get, someone with more money will always have the advantage, buying temp powers are chump change comapred to a fully IOed PvP char

I don't make the decisions, I don't make the changes, I just accumulate knowledge and disseminate it.  Take it up with the PvP players.

9 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I don't make the decisions, I don't make the changes, I just accumulate knowledge and disseminate it.  Take it up with the PvP players.

Turns out there's a much easier way to get these pvp temp powers the PD arena vendor sell this too and it also offer a 2 min fly, you reminded me that the vendor exists by mentioning the sirens call one, my post was edited share the method with future people who might have this problem.

again thanks for the help!

Edited by Mystoc

Hi Mystoc, each of the PvP zones has a vendor usually close and safe to your red and blue entry point, (redside Sirens is down one floor out of sight) and they sell a couple of the temp flight powers as mentioned above. No need to go to the D.

I usually buy the two minute version and then run to the badge locations then use the temp power just to get me up there.

Siren’s has two badges that can only be reached by powering up to them and I can do them with one buy of the temp.

Bloody Bay also has a couple  although you can actually climb up to those but it is so much easier to just temp power them as well.

Have added this purely for future readers that like me got stumped in my badge hunting pursuits 🥴

Grats on achieving your accolades 👏