New possible costume parts.

Garry Owens

How about tentacles, floor-length robes/dresses, floor-length tenacles, and face-tentacles, a la the Cthulhu mythos. Also, it might be nice to be able to customize Mastermind minions, like cowboys, clowns, or just plain gangsters. Just a list of possibilities.  Love the game.😀

30 minutes ago, Garry Owens said:

floor-length robes/dresses

Covered in previous threads. The game cannot currently support long dresses/robes for PCs because of extreme clipping with the models. Not saying that it will never happen, just that the devs said it is not currently feasible.

30 minutes ago, Garry Owens said:

Also, it might be nice to be able to customize Mastermind minions, like cowboys, clowns, or just plain gangsters.

Pet customization has been asked for and asked for and asked for. We keep hoping though. (Edit: The problem seems to be in how MM pets were made compared to other pets, mobs, and characters.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Covered in previous threads. The game cannot currently support long dresses/robes for PCs because of extreme clipping with the models. Not saying that it will never happen, just that the devs said it is not currently feasible.

Actually that is not exactly what was said, it was closer to the dev not liking the clipping and not wanting to "put their name on that".

I think about it every time I fly on certain characters and watch buttcapes merrily clipping like mad. If we can endure clipping buttcapes, I seriously hope the dev in charge of costumes will reconsider her stance on my long Talons skirt.

• Like 1

As someone who prefers to produce quality work over just work, I stand with the dev. It is embarrassing to produce a product, whether models in game or a report at work, that can only be described as sloppy. Other costume issues needing to be fixed is not a reason to just slap something together and throw it in, at least to me. It is something the dev said they were looking at already, but not willing to just put out and deal with the inevitable disappointment and anger about sloppy costume pieces being added. (Case in point: the costume forums where the devs are asking for players to report costume problems to be fixed.)

I definitely need to go and check out the inevitable disappointment and anger about sloppy costume pieces being added. I assume it exceeds my disappointment and sadness at not being able to use my long Talons skirt. Will check it out. I myself would have nothing but praise for someone who certainly appears to be producing quality work as far as I can tell, but who would also be willing to let players take responsibility for their choices in the costume creator.

• Like 1

The butt cape clipping while you fly is a different kind of ugly compared to a full length dress using martial arts.  Unless you like your leg sticking out through the fabric every time you kick.  Certain mobs get robes because they dont have any abilities that would clip badly.  We have certain power sets that allow for additional costume parts (weapons, shields, VEATs) but none that are restricted by choosing a power set.

There is hope since the atlas park flag has collision with the player character but i imaging a cone shaped cape glued to your belt wouldnt behave correctly with the current programming.

From a roleplaying immersion perspective, I personally would never put a long skirt on a martial arts using character. Hence my reference to player personal responsibility. Simply put, if it looks bad and makes no sense, don't use it. Why restrict say, an electric blaster from wearing a skirt?

I realize I'm tilting at windmills. Back under my rock.

• Like 1