Melee Powerset Comparison

Ston

11 minutes ago, tidge said:

A limit on what?

EDIT: is there a better limit than "number of slots"?

That is what I was referring to. Either a hard limit like the highest damage scales get one "proc slot" while the lower damage scales get more procs.

Or

They ED procs based on damage scales giving the higher scales diminishing returns.

Or

They do that across the board and call it a day. I hope not.

As best I can tell: Some folks are simply unhappy that %damage enhancements helps characters who choose to leverage them. I suspect is because these fall into the category of "I see someone else getting MOAR, that seems unfair." I see very little (relatively speaking) pearl-clutching about the ability to raise resistances and defenses via globals and set bonuses.

The current PPM formula is, as viewed by me, working quite well(*1). The player base uses a large variety of ATs (in open world). I know that I can design all sorts of different characters, some try to leverage a lot of %damage, some do not.

(*1) There are IMO a few areas vis-a-vis %damage that I think ought to be looked at, but primarily to ADD more options for %damage via Enhancement pieces. Off-the-top-of-my head:

1. Powers with more 'extra effects' can benefit more from the (now, many) %damage pieces. I have no proposal, just something to keep an eye on... especially when enhancement sets include Very Rare %damage options.
  2. I don't think we need any more %damage pieces in Hold or Ranged AoE sets, and I think Slows are now in a good spot.
  3. Stuns, Confuses and Fears kinda stink, unless they happen to be ranged AoE (and include a damage component)
  4. Threat (e.g. Taunt) is in a weird place IMO. I want a Very Rare (or PVP option) but I don't need one. If I had more options, I would do more with them! I still dream about a Very Rare %Contagious Threat piece.

If I had to guess, I would guess that Fear and Threat enhancement sets are probably the least-used of all enhancement sets. Threat powers are taken, but I think the disproportionate secondary market cost of D-Sync Provocation reveals how bad the options for Threat slotting actually are (Mocking Beratement is one of the few Uncommon sets I will choose over a Rare, every time). I suspect few people take Fears with the goal of slotting Fear sets (I've done it, but only to chase slightly more global Recharge).

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Looking at this again, I'm surprised to see Savage Melee be so high on all the lists! I've obviously overlooked this set. Seems nice on a Scrapper as well. I do hear that it is REALLY great on a Brute, since the DOTS ramp up fury damage?

Edited by StriderIV