Multiple IO/ATO suggestions

kelika2

All Crowd Control IOs/ATOs - add damage.

Right now, there are "hybrid" IO types that never really get to the ED cap.  Knockback sets and Endurance Modifications sets at max level get to around  60-70%~ enhancement damage.  Having damageless/no damage archtypes/sets with how this game evolved really isnt a thing anymore.  A controller dealing at least Moderate damage with a hold can contribute more in the event of a good group where +4 bosses melt rather fast or purple triangles.  Or at the very least not have a less-than-useful ATO set such as Dominating Grasp with that dumb little ball of brawl and no worthwhile set bonuses.  2, 3 and 5 are crap.

Brute ATO - Brute's Fury, 5 fury

In the before times, in the long long ago, when Fury was hard to build and maintain this had plenty of use, but these days one alpha strike can get you into the 80% fury range.  adding 5 fury with how fast it decays at higher %s is not noticeable.  I suggest adding a mechanic that stops rages from decaying for 3 or so seconds.  3 seconds at 100% fury wont break the game and would be on par with how the scrapper ATO proc works for "just the next attack".  Please note for pseudo pets such as Burn, damage scales down, but not up while said pseudo pet is up.  Rage crashes are the most common example of this.  You can also test this by dropping a rain of fire on a low level blaster first, then eating all the Enrages you can carry

Mastermind ATO sets to be allowed in personal attacks

In page 5 many masterminds take personal attacks nowadays.  Having the ATOs in personal attacks would help with making the most out of having 2-3 personal attacks due to ATOs having lots of Recharge in them.  Speaking of Recharge in MM ATOs, ever since the pet cooldown change they lost a lot of use, this would bring that usefulness back.  And lastly having the ATO procs/auras/buffs enhancements/whatever pet-only buffs are universally called in attacks would loosen builds up

Mastermind - Mark of Supremacy

Add +recovery to the proc and add Recharge to the rest of the set as well.  Page5 hammered most pets end spending even with modest endreduction slotted in the main pet power

SOA - Dominion of Arachnos - Chance for -dmg and Terrorize

I dont know what to do here, the other global toxic proc is just so good, but -dmg and terror seems so weak

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

All Crowd Control IOs/ATOs - add damage

Adding a damage component to all those enhancements will require that the currently provided buffs be reduced. The more components in an enhancement, the less each component gets in the way of buffs. Are you fine with that?

Mastermind ATOs are pet set enhancements. MM personal attacks are not pet powers. So no. It makes no sense to be able to slot MM ATOs in them.

The proc already has an END reduction component plus two pet buffs, damage resist and regeneration. As compared to Command of the Mastermind's recharge component and pet AoE defense buff. So it already has more than Command of the Mastermind's proc going for it. I don't see the need for + recovery for it as well.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I agree with @Rudra on the trades offs of adding what you are asking and with MM sets.

Also, addressing holes in sets and enhancements has been addressed many times. Here is a recent one from @Greycat.

I do agree with looking at sets and enhancements that can boost aspects of powers that are often overlooked. Especially in combinations that are currently lacking.

Things to address:

Powercreep

yes that is probably going to be the first thing pointed to.

Let's discuss more.

/e poofgone

15 hours ago, Rudra said:

All Crowd Control IOs/ATOs - add damage

Adding a damage component to all those enhancements will require that the currently provided buffs be reduced. The more components in an enhancement, the less each component gets in the way of buffs. Are you fine with that?

if going by current rules, only CC duration would lose duration.  i cant remember the last time I needed the full 30-40 seconds on a hold

Mastermind ATOs are pet set enhancements. MM personal attacks are not pet powers. So no. It makes no sense to be able to slot MM ATOs in them.

ATOs are ATOs that just happen to have pet auras.  On live you could not slot Recharge Intensive Pets into Mastermind pets.  if that can change I dont see why these ATOs cannot.

The proc already has an END reduction component plus two pet buffs, damage resist and regeneration. As compared to Command of the Mastermind's recharge component and pet AoE defense buff. So it already has more than Command of the Mastermind's proc going for it. I don't see the need for + recovery for it as well.

Pets burn through end since page5, im just shooting ways to help with that.  and im not sure if end reduction in the main pet power even works now

45 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

ATOs are ATOs that just happen to have pet auras.  On live you could not slot Recharge Intensive Pets into Mastermind pets.  if that can change I dont see why these ATOs cannot.

I'm inclined to disagree. My understanding is that MM ATOs are pet sets. If a dev decides otherwise or I am wrong and they aren't meant as pet sets, then whatever. I don't have a stake in opposing this, just looking at it from a set classification point of view. Controller ATOs are CC sets, MM ATOs are pet sets, and other ATOs are damage sets. That is my understanding.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

I'm inclined to disagree. My understanding is that MM ATOs are pet sets. If a dev decides otherwise or I am wrong and they aren't meant as pet sets, then whatever. I don't have a stake in opposing this, just looking at it from a set classification point of view. Controller ATOs are CC sets, MM ATOs are pet sets, and other ATOs are damage sets. That is my understanding.

oh mechanically.

well we do have Universals that dont get much use.