Necro/Storm viability?

ccrob00

Welcome back! 

I’d suggest that just about everything goes with Necro now (caveat: I have no experience with traps and kinetics with Necro). With slotting in the upgrade powers, the dead have beefier resistances and more max health. The attacks are useful, even with only the base slot just to get the summon. And the pet attacks are more effective. 

For storm, recharge is great to build for which also helps bring Soul Extraction up even faster. Working together, that’s a lot of damage and a bunch of pets on the screen. 

Hell, *I’m* convinced now. Time to roll one of these up…

Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I have an old necro/storm but its not had a respec since the changes. Storm is the no. 1 secondary if your after extra dps. Its also the most chaotic and will have your pets running after mobs and out of supremacy range. With necro i'd recommend /dark or /time or /ta or pretty much any secondary that will let you control the mobs with slows/holds/knockdowns. On the other hand what @Nyghtmaire said. More recharge for soul extraction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome back!

Never go wrong with Storm, but I do also recommend Dark if you haven't already played it with a pet set. Even with the improved damage to Necromancy, they are still very good at control and I like to lean into that with the set and dark miasma offers lots of extra control and thematic. I also added Diamagnetic for extra debuffs, it's a beast.  Time is also excellent.

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

17 minutes ago, Force Redux said:

I also added Diamagnetic for extra debuffs, it's a beast.

This is a great idea. I have Paralytic Radial (to add to Darkest Night) next on my list for the -dam now that Necro/dark can get pet resistances so high. 

• Like 1

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

On 12/17/2022 at 7:14 AM, Meknomancer said:

I have an old necro/storm but its not had a respec since the changes. Storm is the no. 1 secondary if your after extra dps. Its also the most chaotic and will have your pets running after mobs and out of supremacy range. With necro i'd recommend /dark or /time or /ta or pretty much any secondary that will let you control the mobs with slows/holds/knockdowns. On the other hand what @Nyghtmaire said. More recharge for soul extraction.

I was curious as the Soul Extraction changes (as I missed beta testing - new job and all…), so I checked out a Pylon on my Necro/Dark/Soul. T4 Intuition radial, hybrid Support (not active), t4 radial reactive, and t4 barrier (activated … just to be safe). 73 seconds. That’s ridiculous. I’m sure a necro/storm would be far quicker even without -regen. Okay to be fair, I doubt this would be possible without Barrier unless the pets were held back to stack sufficient -ToHit (eyeballing being able to stack ~21-24% with Dark Servant AND pets after resistances from the Pylon — almost the pets’ softcap with maneuvers, procs, and Shadowfall). And even then, one unlucky hit roll would still pulverize ‘em.