AE story arcs that are better than the original content

Meknomancer

This may already have been suggested (and probably has) .

Theres a ton of work and effort put in by many players writing and creating story arcs in AE and some of them are exceptional. I know the devs have set up a reward system for the best posted but when AE came in on the live servers i always looked at is as a way to expand the game by players creating  new content that fit with the games lore/canon/storylines that the devs could then rate and put directly into appropriate zones.

We know its possible to put in new content, we've seen it with the last few pages from the Graveyard Shift arc to Aeon sf and the new cim arcs.

Having played some of the AE arcs i wondered why its not possible to fit those in. At least one of them reminded me of the original red arcs starting in the mercy base that i would prefer as an option when i make a new villain. They are great fun but trawling through the AE to find them if you don't have a specific ID to search with makes me wonder how many arcs are in there that are hidden gems that could be placed in game as content.

• Lead Game Master

Moved to main suggestions forum (instead of website suggestions).

Also, we have a thread around here to nominate arcs for devs choice; while adding new DCs is currently on hold, it would be nice to see which arcs you're talking about!

Incidentally, AE arcs and normal missions are incompatable, so sadly it's not a simple matter of adding doors or what have you.

Edited by GM Impervium
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

Another reason given by a dev is the author would have to give up the rights to their work and accept any edits and be unable to take it down if desired.  That doesnt mean the suggestion is dead on arrival though.  If there were a location on the forum or even a checkbox in the AE interface that had something to the effect of 'i authorize homecoming to use any or all of this content and modify it as desired',  even if the team doesnt ever rewrite an AE mission into an official mission,  they could without having the above hurdles.

I would be happy with a contact on the street somewhere that gave a random AE mission and sent you to random doors in the zone to enter those missions.  All normal AE rules for xp and rewards should still apply.  My least favorite thing about AE is getting a mission that is well written and have it watered down by using the AE portal to enter.

• Thumbs Up 1