Need help picking a Dom!

SwankyBuld

So I have played a mind/fire Dom a few years ago. I really love doms and the whole idea of but now with how fast the game is becoming as I mostly team, I am looking for recommendations on a Dom!

i really would love to try savage as it’s something iv never experienced and have heard it can be really good!

my play style is keep up and mostly in melee range. I have never liked sitting back behind the group and shoot from a far so I would love some recommendations on a primary set. I know plant is usually the best but that is the only set that I would like to stay away from, just for thematic purposes. 

I appreciate the help if anyone can!

Ignore with whatever anybody says is best, even me.

I have leveled just about every dom primary and used several of the secondaries.

The most fun toon I have every played is my fire/fire/fire dom, with permadom, played like a blapper and it is great at endgame.

You hold/disorient/knockdown everything then you choose how to level everything else with an arsenal of single target, AOE and PBAOE top level damage.

When the team/enemy requires you can easily stay at range and still be very effective as most of your primaries are at range/targeted AOEs.

I think the only trouble with dom's as they areen't the easiest to level and you really need to invest in IOs.

That’s great to hear. I have narrowed it down to probably fire/psi/soul. I know fire assault is great but I just love drain psyche and the animation of soul drain too. Hopefully it would an aoe killer. Does anyone have a good perma dom fire/psi/soul build??

Soul Mastery is my favorite Epic Pool on Doms.  

Soul Drain is a no brainer, I slot mine well to use as frequent as I can.  The shield is a very nice armor.  Dark Obliteration is an awesome aoe blast.  I also take Dark Consumption it's a very good proc'able power you can get real creative with.  Highly adaptable power, you have it to use if your endurance is running hot or if you want that extra bit of pbaoe damage. I slot a gladiator fury -res proc and a few damage procs at minimum.  

Fire/Psi/Soul will be an aoe machine.

Edited by Mezmera

If you search the internet (not the dark web) there are several reputable services that could probably provide a variety of different types of doms for your needs.

Wait.  Wrong forum.

Curses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

29 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Soul Mastery is my favorite Epic Pool on Doms.  

Soul Drain is a no brainer, I slot mine well to use as frequent as I can.  The shield is a very nice armor.  Dark Obliteration is an awesome aoe blast.  I also take Dark Consumption it's a very good proc'able power you can get real creative with.  Highly adaptable power, you have it to use if your endurance is running hot or if you want that extra bit of pbaoe damage. I slot a gladiator fury -res proc and a few damage procs at minimum.  

Fire/Psi/Soul will be an aoe machine.

I’m getting real excited now lol I usually team up most of the team and even on farms so I really think it can be a decent jack of all trades. Might have a little tough with ST but I rarely solo anything hard enough where it makes a big difference

I will agree that soul drain is great, but I wouldn't necessarily put soul as the end all be all of Dominators' epic pools. Ice is amazing as a dominator epic pool.

Although you're making a fire/psi (make that they work great), I'd also suggest an Illusion/Savage as you originally wanted to try savage. It's a combo that is highly mobile and pops in an out of fights and is really fun to play.

4 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I will agree that soul drain is great, but I wouldn't necessarily put soul as the end all be all of Dominators' epic pools. Ice is amazing as a dominator epic pool.

Soul is a great pool on doms, not the all being one no.  Doms have quite a good selection from their Epic pools.  Ice is a nice pool too but pretty much a one trick pony with Sleet which you can drop a -res proc into Dark Consumption and get some of the same effect while also having access to some more great powers in that pool.

4 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Although you're making a fire/psi (make that they work great), I'd also suggest an Illusion/Savage as you originally wanted to try savage. It's a combo that is highly mobile and pops in an out of fights and is really fun to play.

Yes I have an Illusion/Nrg/Soul, I agree Illusion is top notch and not so OP I feel dirty playing it.