Kinetic Melee Question

Euphoric Hippie

Hello everyone. I haven't played CoH in ages. I've been trying to look up the viability of Kinetic Melee for stalkers in pve and pvp. Most of the information I find is from 2-4 years ago.  Is this powerset really low damage? Does really hit like a wet noodle? Or is it just the slow animations? 

Edited by MrDaMvAe

I think the best thing to do is for you to get a good 1:1 comparison against your favorite set.

It is super easy in Mid's Reborn.

In the Mid's app go to the "Windows" tab and hit "Power Comparison"

Then you can compare any primary or secondary from any different or same AT to one another in terms of damage, healing, debuf...etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OrionX said:

I think the best thing to do is for you to get a good 1:1 comparison against your favorite set.

It is super easy in Mid's Reborn.

In the Mid's app go to the "Windows" tab and hit "Power Comparison"

Then you can compare any primary or secondary from any different or same AT to one another in terms of damage, healing, debuf...etc.

First time hearing about the Mid's app. Just downloaded it. Your guidance is greatly appreciated, thank you.

I've been able to get decent dps out of KM but needed to take a snipe power from the Ancillary/Epic power pools. The attack chain was really long, 12 seconds to maximize CS chance to auto-BU. BU to maximize the snipe's damage. Couple AS with 2AF built. I would need to double check when i get home but the chain was something like: [BU]-AS-CS-SB-[BU]-AS-SB-Snipe-SB-repeat. BU's in between as the ATO2 recharges it. It felt clunky the odd time BU didn't recharge but still pretty good.

Edit: Checked and that was the attack chain used.

Edited by StrikerFox
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have a KM/bio/leviathan stalker I'm working up. What's great about the combo is KM has some of the fastest Single Target animations (THE fastest Assassin Strike), and the only AOE that crits from hide (Burst). Bio has the very Proccable DNA Siphon, and throwing Water Spout in the mix makes it possible to chew up mobs with AOE that most stalkers don't get. 

ST I use BU > AS > QS > SB > BB, and by then AS is up again. It's not slow at all. Usually i soften up a mob with AOEs first so my ST chain is finishing off an enemy with each strike. Any boss I'm finishing with 3 hits max. Period. 

Aside from that, with Bio, your chances for loads of regen and boosted max HP are the greatest advantage.

I mained a KM/Rad scrapper when I first got onto Homecoming, and I found the speed of the Tier 9 attack to be too slow, but on a stalker things feel pretty good. 

Edited by BazookaTwo
  • Thumbs Up 2