Sonic/Atomic?

ceto555

Hi folks,

I'm looking to try this combo out to solo missions to Max level. Has anyone tried this combo to the high levels, and if so, how was it? Will I die alot or have an ok time?

Thanks

Sonic is a set built for staying ranged, and despite being perhaps the lowest damage dealer - it's one of the safer sets to solo. That said, it's even better on teams as all team members benefit from your -RES side effect. Hard targets will melt. Radiation requires you to be in melee to get the most out of Beta Decay and your melee powers. Beyond rhyming, there's not much synergy going, but I guess you could have fun alternating Siren's Song+Radioactive Cloud to stay extra safe while picking off the targets at your leisure.

Sonic/Atomic can stack stuns pretty well as it has them in both sets.  Should be a good boss killer as you can disorient them, stack a few resist debuffs, and finish with strong blaps.

The old "supersafe" Sonic solo strategy was: 1) Sirens Song puts enemies asleep, 2) Pick one and use Screech to stun it, 3) Blaps take that enemy down, 4) repeat until all enemies are defeated.  When done correctly you never get attacked, outside missing the sleep.

With all that disorient potential, I'd be tempted to take Soul Mastery epic pool to stack in Oppressive Gloom for even more disorient shenanigans.

Sonic/Atomic can stack stuns pretty well as it has them in both sets.  Should be a good boss killer as you can disorient them, stack a few resist debuffs, and finish with strong blaps.

The old "supersafe" Sonic solo strategy was: 1) Sirens Song puts enemies asleep, 2) Pick one and use Screech to stun it, 3) Blaps take that enemy down, 4) repeat until all enemies are defeated.  When done correctly you never get attacked, outside missing the sleep.

With all that disorient potential, I'd be tempted to take Soul Mastery epic pool to stack in Oppressive Gloom for even more disorient shenanigans.

I would respectfully disagree. The sets synergize poorly; as pointed out Sonic is built for keeping range/control, while Atomic requires you to be up close and personal but also with control. Sonic has mostly soft controls which are okay levelling up solo, but pretty much rendered redundant in end game scenario by Atomic's own controls.

Sonic has reliable stuns, Atomic does not. 25 and 60% chance for short duration mag 2 and 3 stuns is nothing to rave about for synergic purposes. It's wholly reliant on RNGesus. Atomic can stack holds out of the box, so making a specific build for stun on top of that seems like an overkill in a set that already sacrifice a lot of damage for its control powers. If you wan't that much control; why not play a Dominator and do it properly?

Also, the Atomic blaps are not that strong. It's a set that thrives in melee, but with second tier blaps. Not bad, but certainly inferior to the likes of Energy, Electricity and Dark. With less risk comes less reward I guess.