Reviewing my existing builds and abandoning level 23 - general blather

DougGraves

I only play lower levels and prefer the teens as being the most fun.  I have characters at level 13, 19, 23, 29, and 34 with the XP turned off.    With the changes in power pools and just learning from playing the characters, I have been reviewing my existing builds to adjust the powers and slotting.  

Adding Arcane Blast to controllers makes a huge difference in being able to do damage.  Stealth is great for any character I solo with at all.

I don't put accuracy into powers below level 20.  I have the dfb buff and you get a small bonus.   But I found a lvl 19 dominator with accuracy slotted in all attacks and one that had 2 accuracy and only 2 damage.  I expect it will be much more effective with some reslotting.

I'm also giving up on level 23.  I find I almost never use those characters.  I use lvl 19s for Positron, KR and Steel arcs.  I use 29s for Yin, Striga and Talos arcs.  It just doesn't make sense to keep characters at 23, so I'm leveling those up to 29.

I'm also looking at adding a second build for my characters but have not done that yet except for one controller.  I have a solo build that drops the ally buffs and heals and instead takes attacks from Fighting.  It works better for soloing but I'm not finding it that fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, PsiBug said:

Please keep us in the loop on any future changes.

I did respec the dominator.  It's ice/MA.  The theme is Tsoo.  And I discovered that I didn't have stealth - so it wasn't a proper ninja.

I did a posi with her and I was much happier with her performance.  

I have started slotting the single target hold for dominators and controllers with 1 recharge and 1 hold.  I am very happy with  the additional holding ability.  

• Like 1