I25 tricks for an I23 dog

Generator

Hey folks,

So I've finally started devoting more attention to my Inv/SS tanker, and he's starting to round into his 30s.  I don't really have a "modern" fully IO'ed build for him.  What I've got is my old build from live, which doesn't quite softcap, but comes close enough to use it as a baseline for my efforts.  I'm hoping some folks are willing to help me evaluate some of the other IOs that are out there these days and see if they might be of use.

PVP IOs: these were there in the old days, but priced far beyond my reach.  Now, reachable.  I'm thinking the Gladiator's Armor +3% is as no-brainer as the one from Steadfast is.  In Health, I've already got the Numina's special, I should add in the one from Panacea, right?

Reactive Defenses: this set has the special piece that grants scaling +Res based on falling HP, like Super Reflexes characters get.  Is it worth throwing this into Tough Hide?

New Sets (and Set Bonuses) In General: anyone got anything to chime in here with?  is it worth grabbing up status protection, to cover the occasional Confure/Terrorize/etc?

Any constructive feedback anyone has, I'm all ears!

Later on,

Generator

Not a fan of status protection; at best, it reduces the duration of the effects.  Status immunity is what you need.

I put the scaling resistance button in one of the Invuln passives.  I have not noticed it doing much, then again I don't usually monitor statistics during actual combat anyways.  Already using the Steadfast and PvP set global defense buttons. 

The Shield Wall global resistance is my next project for Heraclea.  Will install it in Tough Hide or in Combat Jumping. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

In Health, I've already got the Numina's special, I should add in the one from Panacea, right?

Yes, definitely. 

Reactive Defenses: this set has the special piece that grants scaling +Res based on falling HP, like Super Reflexes characters get.  Is it worth throwing this into Tough Hide?

It starts at +3% res/all, even at 100% hp.  It's arguably worth it at that value alone.  The value of the scaling res depends on how close to any given res cap you are; at cap and it does nothing, and too far away it's not enough to matter.  For every type you're over ~70% in, it increases in value.

New Sets (and Set Bonuses) In General: anyone got anything to chime in here with?  is it worth grabbing up status protection, to cover the occasional Confure/Terrorize/etc?

You now get status resistance from all +res IO sets, which is pretty nice.  Unfortunately it's not protection, which would entirely prevent mezzes below a certain magnitude, nor is it resistance against the types of effects Tankers would most like to have (Defense, Endurance, and Recharge debuffs mainly).  You can get -rech/-slow resistance from the various winter-themed AIO sets and I do suggest it if it won't cost you too much elsewhere to pick up.  Since most of them also include significant Defense and f/c Resist aspects, it shouldn't be too difficult to work them into your attacks.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

The scaling resist proc gives 3% res to all for one slot, up to 10% res to all at lower HP thresholds.  On resistance characters it is generally worth the slot. 

This was my ultra durable Inv/SS tank.  Above 45% def to S/L/F/C/N/Eng with 1 foe in range.  56% Eng/Eng 80% Fire/Cold and 70% toxic/psi resistance.  When you toggle on your hybrid slot you are almost hard capped to F/C/Tox/Psi with 1 foe in range.  Double absorb proc in KoB gives you just over 1000 HP absorb shield on top of your 3500 HP so foes have to get through defense, resists and absorb before they ever touch your health.  And just for a bit of overkill -21% damage from Darkest Night (along with a 12% to hit debuff to prevent any kind of cascade failures).  3 Seconds off of perma hasten for recharge to keep that offense cranking out.  I'd probably run Ageless for solo, Rebirth for teams as far as a destiny goes.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Primary Power Set: Invulnerability

Secondary Power Set: Super Strength

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Temp Invulnerability -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam/Rchg(3), ImpArm-EndRdx/Rchg(3), ImpArm-ResPsi(5), ImpArm-ResDam(11), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15)

Level 1: Jab -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(45), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46)

Level 2: Dull Pain -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(9), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43), Prv-Absorb%(43)

Level 4: Haymaker -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(9)

Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)

Level 8: Unyielding -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam/Rchg(11), ImpArm-EndRdx/Rchg(13), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), ImpArm-ResDam(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(17)

Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)

Level 12: Super Speed -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(A), WntGif-ResSlow(48)

Level 14: Resist Energies -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(15), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(21), Ags-Psi/Status(27), ImpArm-ResPsi(34)

Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 18: Invincibility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(23), ShlWal-Def(25)

Level 20: Knockout Blow -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(25), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(33)

Level 22: Resist Elements -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)

Level 24: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(31), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ImpArm-ResPsi(42)

Level 26: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)

Level 28: Rage -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(29)

Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33)

Level 32: Taunt -- PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(A)

Level 35: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(37)

Level 38: Foot Stomp -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(40)

Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Knock%(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)

Level 44: Darkest Night -- HO:Enzym(A)

Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), Rct-ResDam%(50)

Level 49: Unstoppable -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Gauntlet

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(19), NmnCnv-Heal(34), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(34)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(29)

Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon

Level 0: The Atlas Medallion

Level 0: Task Force Commander

Level 0: Portal Jockey

Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve

Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany

Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment

------------