DP Corr

drgantz

I just played DP Blaster and Corr to lvl 19.  Neither has enhancements, but the Corr has equal or greater dmg with each attack.

My main reason for this post is that I'm trying to decide on a good secondary for my DP Corr.  I want something with good debuffs.

2 hours ago, drgantz said:

the Corr has equal or greater dmg with each attack

This is demonstrably false. Blasters have a 1.125 ranged damage modifier. Corruptors have a 0.75 ranged damage modifier. Ignoring Defiance, Scourge and buffs/debuffs, blasters do 50% more damage using the same attack. 

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

This is demonstrably false. Blasters have a 1.125 ranged damage modifier. Corruptors have a 0.75 ranged damage modifier. Ignoring Defiance, Scourge and buffs/debuffs, blasters do 50% more damage using the same attack. 

I made a DP Corr and Blaster.  I clicked on the info  tab of each dmg power.  The Corr had higher dmg numbers.  The best example was the Dual Wield power.  I believe the Blaster listed it as Light, while the Corr listed it as Superior.  The Blaster had 40 dmg while the Corr had 54 dmg.  This was in a non-combat situation, and neither  had any working enhancements.  By that, I mean that the Corr had some, but they were too low level to be working.

6 minutes ago, drgantz said:

I made a DP Corr and Blaster.  I clicked on the info  tab of each dmg power.  The Corr had higher dmg numbers.  The best example was the Dual Wield power.  I believe the Blaster listed it as Light, while the Corr listed it as Superior.  The Blaster had 40 dmg while the Corr had 54 dmg.  This was in a non-combat situation, and neither  had any working enhancements.  By that, I mean that the Corr had some, but they were too low level to be working.

the numbers you see in the info tab include Scourge, which shouldn't be included in base damage calculations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

DP/Time works pretty well using Clarion Radial and Power boost for Farsight/Chrono Shift. That allows you some degree of freedom for slotting your attacks. Albeit you'll want a lot of recharge for those powers and a few others.

Works great in melee especially when using a teleport up bind to maximize your cones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drgantz said:

As @Psyonico states, the in-game numbers include Scourge. See links below. The pages are a bit busy since they include options for the different ammos, but just compare the lethal base damage vs. critters. 

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_ranged.dual_pistols.dual_wield&at=blaster  Blaster:  57.8068+24.7744=82.5812

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=corruptor_ranged.dual_pistols.dual_wield&at=corruptor  Corruptor:  38.5379+16.5162=55.0541

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

DP/Time works pretty well using Clarion Radial and Power boost for Farsight/Chrono Shift. That allows you some degree of freedom for slotting your attacks. Albeit you'll want a lot of recharge for those powers and a few others.

Works great in melee especially when using a teleport up bind to maximize your cones.

Temporal has a toggle.  Does Time have a toggle as well?

39 minutes ago, drgantz said:

Temporal has a toggle.  Does Time have a toggle as well?

Temporal (blaster) and Time (corruptor) are VERY different sets. Only one power (Time Stop) overlaps. The toggle in Temporal is Temporal Healing, the blaster sustain power. Time's toggle is Time's Juncture, a PBAoE -tohit/-dmg/-speed. Farsight is a PBAoE +def/+tohit with a 2 minute duration. With sufficient recharge it can be made perma, and when used with Power Boost can soft cap your defenses. Chrono Shift is a PBAoE +rech/+end/+recov/+heal (Power Boost buffs the +recov/+heal).

• Like 1