Bobcat couch sitting emote.

110% Agree

There's a lot of NPC only emotes like this (such as the various 'sit and talk' emotes) that'd be really great for player use. Granted, a large number of them would also absolutely do wonky things given the collision box around player models and make the text boxes appear in weird spots (like massively high over a character's head), so it's not quite a straightforward 'just enable it' thing. Without trimming down the scale of said collision box or perhaps giving an option to negate player collision (a 'Walk' toggle, but for intangibility?), I'm not sure what else could be done to resolve that issue in implementing them.

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

2 hours ago, El D said:

110% Agree

There's a lot of NPC only emotes like this (such as the various 'sit and talk' emotes) that'd be really great for player use. Granted, a large number of them would also absolutely do wonky things given the collision box around player models and make the text boxes appear in weird spots (like massively high over a character's head), so it's not quite a straightforward 'just enable it' thing. Without trimming down the scale of said collision box or perhaps giving an option to negate player collision (a 'Walk' toggle, but for intangibility?), I'm not sure what else could be done to resolve that issue in implementing them.

A lot of existing emotes mess with the player model's position, i.e. you can disappear entirely into a wall with /e kneel, and clipping exists in pretty much any non-standing emote... so IMO this isn't something too serious to consider.

I did however previously argue at great length about adding speed phase style intangibility to the walk power because hitboxes suck, and fully support this.

54 minutes ago, Solvernia said:

A lot of existing emotes mess with the player model's position, i.e. you can disappear entirely into a wall with /e kneel, and clipping exists in pretty much any non-standing emote... so IMO this isn't something too serious to consider.

I did however previously argue at great length about adding speed phase style intangibility to the walk power because hitboxes suck, and fully support this.

Fair point! Given map and object geometry and scaling of a lot of in-game items, stuff like that is kind of a given really. Add in capes, wings, and tails and any full-body emote is going to get messy/clippy.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

While we're at it, can we also get base NPCs with the emote? So we can finally put NPCs on the Carnie couches that actually work with the couches?

It actually already is a base NPC emote. Lie on Couch.

image.png.abe2faeb04191e03f15eaf83de10f9bf.png

Edited by El D

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

2 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Or use it with hover ...

We are gonna need some angel wings and a cloud.....

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

My favourite is to use hover and ;lotus. Then you tilt the camera a little bit upward, and press your keybind for descent, and you descend without breaking the lotus posture -- but because you descend at an angle relative to the floor, you kinda slowly levitate forward like a meditating Jedi.

Also great to do this with ;stancevillain2, so you can have your arms crossed while you slowly hover forward.

Edited by Aida LaCanthe
  • Thumbs Up 1