[Heroic] [35-54] A Hero in Need - Arc ID: 54140

onenfguard

Hello all this is my first go at making an AE story arc.  What first started to just be one mission, turned into a 5 mission story arc.  I guess I was having to much fun coming up with ideas as I was working on custom mobs and scenarios along the way 😉.  Because of this, mission one is a little bloated with a lot of boss fights, captives, and mobs to deal with.  The other missions are more streamlined.  For the outdoor maps all dialogues I gave mobs, bosses, and captives go off right as you entered the map.  When that happens you can scroll up a bit to see what they said, sorry about that 😞.

Over all I had a great time even with the set backs.  So much so I have started on another one that is a follow up arc to this one.  I would love for you all to give it a shot and I hope you enjoy it. 🦝

My recommendation for the Arcs settings: set team size to +2 or +3 (to see more of the custom mobs), solo bosses to yes (to see more custom bosses), and for solo AVs to AVs (not elite bosses making the hero helper more powerful).  Any archetype can solo this as long as you team up with the hero helper in each mission.

AE story picture.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll try to give it a quick run tonight or tomorrow morning. There's several new arcs from new authors, which is a great sign for the health of AE. Thanks for throwing your sombrero in the ring.:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

A quick run:

Spoiler

In general: It's a great, fun arc. Light tone, and interesting. Well done.

Kudos

The customs are extremely well done.

Contact has personality (I find it annoying as hell, but it's not bland and forgettable-kudos).:-)

Love that first map. Haven't seen it in ages, and it really fit the feel.

I ran on default (sorry, not your rec). I always do, because that's what I figure people do. I still saw a wide range of perps, and the bosses weren't one-shotted. Ambushes were fun to deal with. I enjoyed it when Gang War came up in M1. Scrounger pummeled the punks while I took on the boss. Nice fight.

THIS was a great thing to walk into:

image.png.ddc7f6a8ec15bd41398501bfd4cccc29.png

Nice use of patrols to make it dicey (for a sec):-)

Little details are excellent (sign=SUP):-) 

Interesting use of ambushes and destroys in last mish, though it was a coda. I wasn't sure at first whether it was necessary, but it was a fun mish.

Tweaks

Watch your spelling (particularly "your" when you mean "you're." Also Impossumable said grabing when you meant grabbing.

M3 send off: I know "there is a pair of  heroes" is grammatically correct. But I don't feel Mei would speak so formally, and it'd be okay to say, there are or just there's. Minor point, but it was noticeable (for me).

I don't know that anything is added to M3 by having me run back to fight Big Ja. I'd have him spawn closer, make him an objective, then give me a glowie to represent "exit" (or just let me leave. 

Mission final bomb clue="bombs where placed" should be were.

Overall: 5/5 

Check your spelling. 

Maybe do a run through for clue spawns, to see they're all in order.

Top notch detail, and fun factor is a 10.

Great job.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• 3 weeks later

I tried your arc, and it was fun. I love the first map. (What map was that?) I agree with Cranebump about the mission exit thing, though. 

I don't know if it'll help, but I usually type stuff out in MS word and run spelling/grammar checks there. It doesn't catch everything and believe me, I've had to go back and fix my own errors many times. I think "upbringing" is one word, though.

I like the "Roadkill Gang". Good mission. 

Screenshot 2023-04-11 105904.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks @d4verman for trying out my story Arc, glad you liked it 🙂

For that map your looking for its under:

• map type/ unique maps
  • category/ Praetorian outdoor maps
  • map/ Neutropulis - neighborhood

As for the go back to entrance to end mission I was trying to have Ol' Bad Ja 🦡 boss ambush the player when the other boss was at 1/4 health but I couldn't get it to work 😞.  So my work around was to have him spawn in middle of map to block you from escaping.  Mission is complete at this time so the fight is optional at that point.  I just really wanted a boss assist/help out another boss, still learning the AE system. For the spelling/grammar, yes MS word is a good call thanks. 🦝🦨

• Thumbs Up 1