Brute's Taunt aura on Evasion not suppressed by stealth

Hoshigitsune

3 hours ago, Astralock said:

Stealth never suppressed a taunt aura.  Go to the P2W vendor, and buy the "Only Affects Self" power.  That combined with stealth will suppress your taunt aura.

Stealth does suppress some taunt auras (and some non-taunt auras).

Entropic Aura, for example, suppresses under stealth. It's the Target requires : (source>kStealthRadius < 36)

Edited by Major_Decoy
I suspect that Entropic Aura suppresses because Energy Clock suppresses during combat. Whereas none of the dark armour powers suppress because Cloak of Darkness does not supress in combat.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Astralock said:

Stealth never suppressed a taunt aura.  Go to the P2W vendor, and buy the "Only Affects Self" power.  That combined with stealth will suppress your taunt aura.

This is not true. Stealth (the power) and other stealth powers (such as Energy Cloak), DO suppress your taunt aura.

I don't know if just having an IO is enough to do it. But also, if they see you and hit you the stealth will be broken and the aura will unsuppress.

• Like 1

It suppresses damage auras and anything else that would break my stealth, apparently; I tested it alongside someone who had several auras which would have done damage and they never grabbed aggro. I fail to see why it wouldn't suppress a taunt aura, given that.

And managing my stealth by using another power is annoying, but having yet another button on my bars for it is worse - if I'm going to do it at all, I'm going to just turn off Evasion while I'm stealthing.

Also the taunt aura was unlisted in the regular description of Evasion, so I didn't even know it was there until someone pointed out that some Brute powers have one built in, and I went through all of my toggles one by one until I found the one that was breaking my stealth, then checked the Detailed Info of it. If nothing else, that needs to be fixed.

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

This is not true. Stealth (the power) and other stealth powers (such as Energy Cloak), DO suppress your taunt aura.

I don't know if just having an IO is enough to do it. But also, if they see you and hit you the stealth will be broken and the aura will unsuppress.

The approach isn't entirely uniform. Like Venomous Gas does not suppress but Reaction Time does. Dynamo does but World of Confusion does not.

• Like 2