need expert opinions - necro/kin or demon/kin?

honoroit

Masterminds of the rogue isles! Betrayer (or infiltrator) masterminds of paragon city. something something gold.... I'd beg your council for a moment:

Screenshot_20230326_210940.thumb.jpg.828a4e4729ddaaa81a531b595ff3611b.jpg

I want to make a mastermind, whose pets stay on me like stink on the preverbial.

on live this was sorta how necro played.

I want to use /kin, because damage boost.

can I get away with it? will the pets live?  Am I better going something like primary?? instead?

necro or demons, probably necro, right?  I remember those skeletal champion guys hitting like a broadsword scrapper.  imagine all kinn'd out theyd be impressive.

animesher.com_albino-anime-guy-thorn-1134599.jpg.f2efe09af7b48afdb887cf15b176c1c3.jpg

which, in your opinion, would be viable, if either?  

character names:

hungry baphomet

cruel leader

by three they come

Kurome2.gif.9a22566e9d48b48b53b3854ae6b00442.gif

Alright...let me think about this for a moment, I'm thinking that the demons out damage the necro purely based on the pets and this is mainly due to the Lich being more a debuff/control type pet as opposed to the Demon Prince before the secondary comes into play. With kin I think I would have to give the edge to necro and this is mainly due to the Grave Knight and the damage they can bring along with the recent changes to the necro set. As far as keeping them alive, run in BG mode and don't forget if you do go necro the dark empowerment buff can take healing IO's now with enchant undead able to take resist IO's to help in their survivability. I do have a demon/kin who was made for a succubus theme........draining her victims of their life force kinda thing is an interesting combo and does survive pretty well, I'm not quite sold on her yet but that could be do to her build needing to be fine tuned.

.........So yeah.....go necro/kin

• Thanks 1

Problem with Demons is that they play a mix of melee/ranged, which doesn't suit /Kin's playstyle. That alone is enough to go Necro over Demons. 5/6 of your zombies play in melee, which /Kin likes, and Lich won't benefit from +dmg anyway since he's mostly controls.

If it plays anything like Beast/Kin, it's fun, but be prepared to die a lot until you get your strategy down and build up your defenses/slotting.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

time doesnt work on pet monsterd, does it? i mean they ignore recharve buffs.

not that I think itd beat kin.

i really do hope increased density is enough for pet survive.

is it common to recast on loss (or low health to refresh) as something other than necessity in typical mm play?

20 minutes ago, honoroit said:

time doesnt work on pet monsterd, does it? i mean they ignore recharve buffs.

not that I think itd beat kin.

i really do hope increased density is enough for pet survive.

is it common to recast on loss (or low health to refresh) as something other than necessity in typical mm play?

Time is a great powerset for an MM, I play it with Thugs personally. All pets are immune to recharge reductions, otherwise they can benefit from other buffs. So Chrono Shift is still useful in pets because of the healing and recovery. Otherwise the pets excels with a power boosted Farsight due to the defense buff.

Playing a kinetics MM, I imagine you'll be fairly active with kinetics buffs.

Necro is pretty strong overall of a powerset, and more so after the recent buffs it received with page 5. I use dark miasma with Necro personally.

Increased density is good for smash and lethal damage, but it doesn't help against any other damage type, so in practice it may not be the most reliable means of keeping them alive. You'll be needing to use Transfusion.

Yes MM's will occasionally weigh the circumstances and resummon as necessary. Sometimes multiple times during a battle, but if they are constantly being killed perhaps the effort is better suited at least for that encounter to focus on your other abilities.

• Thanks 1